Search results

1. M

Can't Remove Shower Drain -- Part of Shower Pan? (pics)

Options? Thanks Terry, that is what I was afraid of. If I can't get the donut to work do I need to look for a 100 year old plumber who still uses lead and oakum?
  2. M

Can't Remove Shower Drain -- Part of Shower Pan? (pics)

Is it possible that the drain was permenantly attached to the shower pan? I had a leak, spent two hours getting out the lead and oakem thinking I could replace with a rubber gasket. Local plumbing supply suggested repacing with PVC and using a rubber PVC to copper coupler. I can't figure out...
  3. M

Replaced Price Pfister Valve Stems -- Water coming through ceiling

Epilogue Chalk it up to rookie mistake. I purchased a seat wrench ($6), removed the stems and seats, "re-doped" and put it all back together. It has been a few days now without a drip! I'm pretty sure using a flat head screwdriver to tighten the seats didn't do the trick. Thanks for...
  4. M

Still Leaking Thought I was in the clear...wife took shower and drip drip drip. I've been reading other posts. I used a large flat head screw driver to remove and install the seats -- it is possible they are not fully in or that I damaged them?
  5. M

Looking Better I thought the bonnet's were as tight as could be but I was able to get an extra 1/4 to 1/2 turn out of each. It made me nervous to apply the extra pressure as I had visions of something snapping or stripping. I also tightened the packing nut to be safe -- can I back that off as...
  6. M

Thank you both very much!! I had bought the Verve kit -- it came fully assembled and I assume 950-030 is there. I was filling the tub for the kids, first the hot -- seemed dry, then I opened the cold...drip drip drip. I guess I was wrong about the diverter. Of course I'm not sure if the drip...
  7. M

Hmmm I'll remove the handles and escutcheons and observe for leaks. It is also possible one of the valves was screwed in in the open position. It is copper piping. I had purchased a Danco replacment kit from Home Depot -- not including the escutcheons and handles -- there were two water...
  8. M

Thanks, but I didn't use tape -- I used pipe dope. I also used pipe dope on the seats (which I assume are the small "rings" that screw in before the valve stem.) I'm remebering that the tile around the diverter was cut tight and I had a hard time tightening. It is possible the diverter isn't in...
  9. M

This should have been simple... Replaced PP h/c valve stems and diverter to stop slow leak in tub. Now I have a slow leak through ceiling. Used pipe joint compound on threads and ensured everything was tight. There was great rejoicing for a few days (as I also installed a whole house water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks