Search results

1. backwaterdogs

Sunroom addition

Thanks! I built this house in 2006....Likely the acfi breakers were required, but my house was outside of a jurisdiction that enforced any code...outside any city limits. My only experience with them was in a previous house where they were constantly tripping (I didn't put them in or wire...
  2. backwaterdogs

Sunroom addition

Thanks! that's what I'll do then and see how the inspection goes...is they want a separate circuit, I'll leave things such that I pull a new wire. Not sure about the acfi...this isn't a bedroom, but I need to research that part of the code...my latest copy of the code is from 2008 I think...
  3. backwaterdogs

Sunroom addition

Hello everyone, I'm building an addition...a sunroom. It's 16x20 and will not be heated or air conditioned, so will be a partial use room. The room is being built on the west side of the house where I had planned on putting a deck, but decided to build a covered room instead. I...
  4. backwaterdogs

Toilet flange too low

well, heck. Here's what I have. I have two standard wax rings, a wax ring with a 3" horn, a sioux chief raise a ring and a tube of silicon. From what I can, I'm thinking of this a approach. 1) bead of silicon between existing flange and the raise a ring. I will put the raise a ring on the...
  5. backwaterdogs

Toilet flange too low

Looks like I screwed up again. I roughed in the toilet flange and then set my tile floor, failing to realize that the flange would be too low. The flange is about 3/8" below the finished tile and when setting the toilet, the wax ring barley makes contact. Normally wouldn't mind...
  6. backwaterdogs

Exisiting electrical to barn and help to rectify

you're right, i messed w/ trying to pull that #4 thru the existing 1" for awhile...I couldn't even get a fish tape thru the 100' of conduit. So, I have pulled out the exsiting #4 conductors (actually, 1 was bigger, #3 or #2) and lining up a trencher to cut a trench and put down new, bigger...
  7. backwaterdogs

ok, I got the double lug problem resolved at service disconnect just below meter at pole. I found the neutral that was in the barn. Indeed, it was just run a ground rod. I'm in the process of pulling a new conductor for neutral in barn. The existing conduit w/ the exising #4 conductors is 1"...
  8. backwaterdogs

Thanks everyone! I'm having a heck of a time sourcing the panel with space for 100a and an 85a break to feed the cabin and barn Anyone have any suggestions on model or part number? Local electrical supply had nothing in stock and wanted $200 to order!
  9. backwaterdogs

ok, so Im planning on putting in a new a new 200a panel with a few spaces on the downstream side of the existing service disconnect. I'll run appropriate size copper to this new panel mounted w/in a few feet of the existing pole. I'll have a 100a breaker to service the cabin (there is already...
  10. backwaterdogs

Thanks ballvalve! That makes good sense! blue wires? if you are referring to the 3 #4 conductors...two coming out of the conduit and the other w/out conduit. The two in conduit, I've traced back to the service disconnect on pole. These are the two 110v conductors that are supplying the 100a...
  11. backwaterdogs

The cabin is pretty lightly loaded and no one lives there any longer, just used on occassions. I have done some quick load calculations. There is already a 100a services in the cabin. It's 1 bed, 1 bath, and a utility lower level, all seldom used. It has: 220v range/oven, 110v refer, 220v...
  12. backwaterdogs

thanks...can you help with a little more specifics? I would think I need a new service disconnect of some sort with two breakers (200a for cabin and 85a for barn). does that sound right, can you recommend a disconnect that would work?
  13. backwaterdogs

Ok, np. I can pull the meter. I am interested in knowing the best way to supply power to this barn, if there is a diff. It appears to me, I have a couple options: - add another service disconnect at pole with proper size breaker (85a or less for the existing #4) - reroute feeders to barn to...
  14. backwaterdogs

Thanks very much! I will do as you suggest to get things up to code and like you say, there's a couple options...so if I may, I'd like your advice on that too. Option 1: replace service disconnect at pole with one that has two breakers (one for cabin and one barn) Space at pole is kind of...
  15. backwaterdogs

Thanks for both replies! Again, this is how I found situation and am trying to rectify it. jwelectric, im certain the county I live would enforce all codes as well as I doubt the previous owner has applied for any permits, ever. Quite frankly, I am concerned about the level of scrutiny this...
  16. backwaterdogs

Hey, I have cabin near our primary residence that has electrical service. : Here you see the meter head and a 'sub panel on the pole outside of cabin. the breaker in this panel is 200a A close up shows two conductors and a neutral out one knockout and two conductors (but no neutral)...
  17. backwaterdogs

I know I should prolly cut this, but thought I'd ask first

Hey, thanks Terry! So it's not a problem if the pvc connections aren't seated all the way? I'm guess this caught an 1/8 to a 1/4" or so...it's in there 'cockeyed'
  18. backwaterdogs

I know I should prolly cut this, but thought I'd ask first

Ok, I have hard time piecing in PCV for some reason, much harder than it looks! I put in this 2" ptrap and it's all glued in. I had already glued the street ell part of the ptrap to the drain line, but screwed it up and didn;t get it straight. When I put the trap part of the p in place, it...
  19. backwaterdogs

Question to rectify a stupid mistake!

never mind, i got the darn thing out. Dang, embarrassed myself for nothing!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks