Search results

1. bugs11

Twisted off old Delta 600 shower valve.

Thought I would fix the leaky shower head last night and I fixed it alright, twisted the 3 3/8 copper lines apart. Anyway, my question is should I replace the 3 3/8 copper lines in the valve assembly or just go buy the latest, greatest Delta or Moen shower valve, cut a hole in the wall behind...
  2. bugs11

Seeking shallow well pump debug advice.

Bob, Thanks for the input. The pump is fixed. I'm a volunteer fire fighter/first responder and just my luck we had an empty house catch fire this afternoon. So I was working a fire when my pipe fitter friend came over and got the pump working. I just called him on the way back from...
  3. bugs11

Bob, Thanks for the advice. Your right about the corrosion, for some reason their was substantial corrosion at the juncture of the galv. pipe and brass check valve. To the point where the galv. pipe was just about eaten through. Inside the check valve is a ring of black corrosion where the...
  4. bugs11

How does one tell if a shallow well pump is worn out (needs replaced)? My current set-up; a 13 year old 1/3 h.p. AY McDonald model 8310 cast iron pump sitting on top of a large pressure tank, 3’ of 1 ¼” pipe, new brass check valve, two new 4’ sections of 1 ¼ galv. connected to a new 48” 1...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks