Search results

1. mattt19

Washer dryer cabinet install - possible?

I'm trying to figure out how to install a washer and dryer in a cabinet. I'm redoing my kitchen - the washer dryer will be side by side under a countertop. I'd like to install doors on the front of the cabinet to hide the appliances. In terms of depth I have a maximum of 32" to work with...
  2. mattt19

Slip fit vs diverter spout

What's the difference between a slip fit and a diverter spout? Is one preferred over the other? Thanks
  3. mattt19

Gas line union coupling

The plumber just finished up the rough plumbing for my bathroom remodel. When he was doing the rough in he mentioned that the gas line under my house had a union coupling. He said it wasn't allowed by code. I didn't ask any questions and he didn't make a big deal out of it. Now I'm wondering...
  4. mattt19

Rough plumbing = sewer gas

The rough plumbing has just been completed for my bath remodel. The vent stack for this bath is shared with an adjacent bathroom. A day after the rough plumbing was completed I could smell sewer gas coming out of the adjacent bathroom's sink. The drain lines in the remodeled bath had rags...
  5. mattt19

Whirlpool heater?

I'm picking out a whirlpool for my bathroom. One of the options is a heater for the tub. Would you consider this a mandatory item? Do most of the tubs you install have a heater or not? It almost doubles the cost of the tub, so I'm wondering if it's needed or not?
  6. mattt19

Indoor clean out

The plumber installing the plumbing for my bathroom wants to install a clean-out next to the toilet. My only problem with having the clean-out in that location is that the wall is built with 2 by 3's. The clean-out would require me to fur out that section of the wall by 2 1/2" to 3". Doing...
  7. mattt19

Shower tub faucet control

I'm redoing my bathroom and am picking out the faucet style for the tub/shower. Are there any benefits to using a single control vs a three handle tub/shower control. Is one likely to last longer and cause fewer problems?thanks Matt
  8. mattt19

ABS joint leak

I think I know the answer to my question but hopefully I'm wrong. While remodeling my bathroom I managed to crack a fitting in the drain pipe that services my kitchen and washer. For the past week or two water from the kitchen sink, dish washer and washing machine has been draining into my...
  9. mattt19

Access panels kohler whirlpool alcove

Hello, I'm planning a bath room remodel and I'm trying to determine which tub I can use. I'd like to install a Kohler cast iron whirlpool (Mendota model) in a three wall alcove. Due to the layout of the room I can only have one access panel. The motor is located at the the end opposite the...
  10. mattt19

Submerged gas hot water heater

Hi everyone, I'm away from home and just received a call from my wife that our gas hot water heater was submerged in several inches of water snuffing out the pilot light. I'm wondering if - 1. Does gas continue to flow if the pilot light is snuffed out (I'm assuming it doesn't but I had her...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks