Search results

1. mattt19

Washer dryer cabinet install - possible?

Thanks for all the suggestions - it looks possible to do , but I've been done in by the washer. Once the machine is in the cabinet, and you account for the needed setback from the back of the door and the thickness of the cabinet and countertop overhang, the washing machine soap dish is...
  2. mattt19

What's the longest hose you can use to hook up a washer?
  3. mattt19

I'm trying to figure out how to install a washer and dryer in a cabinet. I'm redoing my kitchen - the washer dryer will be side by side under a countertop. I'd like to install doors on the front of the cabinet to hide the appliances. In terms of depth I have a maximum of 32" to work with...
  4. mattt19

Slip fit vs diverter spout

Here's one that should work, http://tinyurl.com/5texqe This is the slip fit http://tinyurl.com/5fwt25 This is non slip fit. It doesn't mention being threaded. I downloaded the installation instructions from Kohler's site. The same instructions are used for both units. They...
  5. mattt19

The faucets I'm looking at , one is described as a diverter spout and one as a slip fit spout (both have a diverter lever in the picture). Is it safe to assume that what they are calling a diverter spout is threaded? http://tinyurl.com/3v37xc Also, is one better than the other (a plumber...
  6. mattt19

What's the difference between a slip fit and a diverter spout? Is one preferred over the other? Thanks
  7. mattt19

Rough plumbing = sewer gas

The smell of sewer gas was coming from the sink today. The dishwasher had just drained so I assumed that it caused the trap to siphon dry. I removed the trap expecting it to be empty. When I removed the trap there was the unmistakable smell of sewer gas coming from the trap arm but the trap...
  8. mattt19

The plumber came out on Friday to look at the line. He confirmed that he put in the trap arm but not the sanitary tee. He curved the trap arm so it would join up with the sanitary tee. I asked him about it being a S trap and being pitched so steep. He doesn't see any problem with the pitch...
  9. mattt19

MG, I looked at the fittings again. There's a bit of an obstacle with the 90 degree bend. There's no problem removing it but replacing it's a issue. The wall is a mud wall. It's over an inch thick and formed tight around the fitting. I can remove the fitting by cutting it into sections but...
  10. mattt19

WCP, I might give you a call, but first I want to contact the original plumber and see what he says. He's a licensed plumber. I got three bids on the job. they were all within $100 of each other. None were cheap by any means. He spent the most time here and gave a detailed estimate of...
  11. mattt19

I don't have a problem cutting the pipe. The problem is that I can't slide anything thicker than 1 1/2" past the pipe. If I cut this small section of pipe,either before or after the copper pipe, I won't be able to put a coupling on the remaining piece. The coupling would be to big to fit...
  12. mattt19

I can't figure out how to cut the line and attach a new section of pipe. The copper supply line in the photo is tight against the section of pipe. If I cut it where the pipe joins the fitting I'll be unable to attach a new fitting to this section of the pipe. Nothing wider than 1 1/2" pipe...
  13. mattt19

Hi everyone, Thanks for the information. It's not what I wanted to hear. I'm having real doubts about the plumber because of this. He's had two chances to catch it and missed it both times. In his defense, I don't know if he installed this section of plumbing or if it was existing. It's...
  14. mattt19

Hi Terry, Which part is the trap arm? Is it the chrome piece leading from the trap to the wall? I put a level on it and it is angled up (maybe the angle of the photo looks like it's not). If the trap itself is on incorrect that would be my fault. I took it off to see if there was water in...
  15. mattt19

Well, the smell is back. When the plumber checked the pipes he also removed the stopper in the sink and cleaned out all the gunk that was attached to it. After that the smell went away and I assumed that was the problem. When the smell came back I tried using vinegar and baking soda as...
  16. mattt19

Gas line union coupling

The plumber just finished up the rough plumbing for my bathroom remodel. When he was doing the rough in he mentioned that the gas line under my house had a union coupling. He said it wasn't allowed by code. I didn't ask any questions and he didn't make a big deal out of it. Now I'm wondering...
  17. mattt19

Thanks, I'll try that
  18. mattt19

They're stub-in's. The problem (the smell) isn't in the bathroom that's under construction. The smell is coming from the sink in the adjacent bathroom. Prior to this there wasn't a smell. It's only the sink that smells periodically. The shower and toilet in the same room don't. "After...
  19. mattt19

The plumber stopped by today but couldn't find anything wrong. There are no traps yet in the new bathroom. Just the rough drain lines. These are sealed. If it was incorrectly vented, causing the traps to be siphoned dry, wouldn't the trap always be dry? He's been a plumber for 40 years so...
  20. mattt19

The entire bathroom was re-plumbed. The toilet, vanity and tub were all moved. New water lines and drain lines were installed. At this stage the plumber is waiting for all the finish work to be completed (tile, drywall...) How would you even go about determining what is causing the problem...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks