Search results

1. lahabra

Required clearance, between multiple flues.

Yes the instructions are quite specific. It says: “Must be vented in accordance with ANSI Z223.1â€
  2. lahabra

Required clearance, between multiple flues.

Required clearance, between multiple flues. Is it “ok†to vent a water heater and 2 gas Furnaces through a roof side by side? The vents would be Spaced about 3’ apart from each other? One would be gravity and the second would be Induced type “Bâ€, and the third would be Induced...
  3. lahabra

RE- Connecting 4" ABS to 4" steel, near tree roots.

Dose anyone like or dislike my idea of using toilet ring wax?
  4. lahabra

That is what the previous plumber used. The tree roots were able to pry it open and move the rubber out of place. Are you suggesting that the coupling was not properly installed and that's why the roots destroyed it? And, if the new coupling dose not leak the roots will not be attracted? I...
  5. lahabra

Tree roots have distorted a rubber hub and have grown into my sewer line. I have found and dug open the problem joint. Now I want to Replace the hub and wrap the joint with something to keep the roots away. I am Not willing to Internally re-line the pipes, replace the metal sewer main, Or...
  6. lahabra

Connecting “Flex Duct†to a heater

I am planning a new heater install, I want to use Flex-Duct for the supply air and for the Return air. I am concerned that the hot air could melt or burn the plastic hose if it is too close to the burner. 1. Can I connect Flex Duct directly to the a heater?
  7. lahabra

Inspector says: The toilet-vent must be upstream of the toilet.

Went into the city to meet with the inspector. As soon as he saw me, He said: "the plumbing was already approved" and he had intended to stop by to sign the card. I did not ask any further questions. Problem solved.
  8. lahabra

I could extend the drain and add another vent up stream of the toilet. sewer...................v...............WC...............v
  9. lahabra

Telling an inspector he is wrong

This is related to a previous thread, the inspector said "The toilet vent needs to be upstream toilet". It would take a day to do it his way, and then it might be wrong.
  10. lahabra

Telling an inspector he is wrong

I think my inspector is wrong. How can I make him see his error without affecting his ego. A roofer friend of mine has warned me that if I offend or challenge him, he could become a stickler for the remainder of the project.
  11. lahabra

Choosing a water hammer arrester

I went to Loes, they have 2 types 1. Air pocket 3/4" x 10â€â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.$7.00 2. Piston 1/2" x 6†…………..…….$ 10.00 I am in favor of the big one because it is simple. I have read on various posts that the air bulb would only work for a short period of time, presumably...
  12. lahabra

I did not create any flat vent. By the way, I read that flat vents can be used for toilets if done properly.
  13. lahabra

Lead pipe height

looks crazy, I would not use that material anywhere in my house
  14. lahabra

Electrical/ plumbing in same stud bay

its ok, better if they don't touch. I think they can touch I juist prefer that they don't.
  15. lahabra

I can't figure out what he wants me to change. I plumbed in a toilet flange with no san-tee. I used a 2" wet-vent through the sink drain. I think I did my plumbing correct. I think I just need to explain the plumbing concept to him. What should I tell him?
  16. lahabra

Inspector says: “The toilet is to close to the wallâ€

I moved the toilet over, Problem solved. I think he would have let it go if the wall only stuck out 8" or so but this wall was 10", and it might have been larger than the tank.
  17. lahabra

Inspector says: “The toilet is to close to the wallâ€

Dose the 15†side clearance requirement refer to the entire side of the toilet or just the aria beside the toilet bole? I am installing a 5’ bathtub next to a toilet. The bath room is 5’ 10†wide. The bathtub is offset away from the toilet wall. I framed in a hollow box in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks