Search results

1. toolguy504

One Water Heater Or Two

The house is new construction approximately 2250 sq. ft. There is no gas so the water heaters have to be electric.It has two bathrooms. Three adults will be living in it. One bath has a walk in shower and whirlpool tub (55 gal) with heater and one with regular shower and tub combo. Both baths...
  2. toolguy504

Wall Heater Wiring

I plan on installing wall heaters in two bathrooms. They have two kind that I am looking at. Heater (1) specs are 120 volt, 15 amps, 1800 watts with wire size 12 AWG. Heater (2) specs are 240 volt, 8.40 amps, 2000 watts with 14 AWG wire. Both heaters are the same price. I will be running 12 AWG...
  3. toolguy504

Wires in electrical box

Is it correct that you do not count the wires from the fixture (in this case a light) when calculating the size box needed. Thanks. Earl
  4. toolguy504

Outside switches

I have a covered porch and will be installing two fans on it. I would really like to put the switches on the exterrior side of the wall by the door rather then on the interrior side. Can I use the same boxes and switches as you would on the inside or do I need to put some type of exterrior...
  5. toolguy504

Tabs on plastic electrical box

Is it OK if the tab on the box where the wire goes in breaks completely off or does it have to be on to act as a clamp. Thanks. Earl
  6. toolguy504

Number of circuits in living room

The Black & Decker book on home wiring says that a living room should have two 20-amp dedicated circuits. Can I use one circuit for lights and one for outlets or do you split them and put some outlets and some lights on each one. Thanks.
  7. toolguy504

Panel box in a walk in closet

Is it o.k. to have the panel box mounted on the inside of a walk in closet? Thanks. Earl
  8. toolguy504

Pump For Irrigation Well

I just bought a piece of land that has a well on it. There is no pump on it though. It is just a pipe in the ground (1 1/2" I think) and a 1" pipe inside that. I don't know how deep it is but I think it's at least 200'. It looks like the water comes up at least a couple of feet from the top of...
  9. toolguy504

question about rebar

Does anyone know how to tell the difference between grade 40 rebar and grade 60. I need to use grade 60 in my house footings and I can get about 200, 20 foot lengths but I don't know what grade they are. Thanks. -------------------- Earl
  10. toolguy504

temporary power pole

I am putting up a temporary power pole and I would like to know if the conduit going from the meter pan up to the weather head has to be rigid metal conduit or can it be rigid EMT conduit or Schedule 40 conduit. Also does it mater if the weather head is metal or Schedule 40. Thank you. Earl
  11. toolguy504

Placement Of Service Entrance Panel

The exterrior wall of the house that I would like to have the service entrance panel mounted to is also the interrior wall that is the walk in shower. Can this panel box still be mounted to this wall? Thanks, Pat
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks