Search results

1. Squ1rrel

American Standard Champion toilet Review and comments. Rated #1 by Consumer Reports

Knowing Lowes? theres a chance....just rant at a manager, especially if you still have the receipt.
  2. Squ1rrel

Hot Water Heater Replacement

on demand electrics do exist, but for whole house supply, they can involve ALOT of rewiring, and generally cost more to run than an electric tank. Garage water heaters are commonplace, and newer ones have FVIR systems that prevent fume ignition. As for the 2 options, tankless systems have...
  3. Squ1rrel

TOTO Neorest 600 product review, MS990CGR

I just wanna know...Who on this great blue and green ball needs a $2000 toilet??
  4. Squ1rrel

Food Disposer Suggestions

If you look at the Whirlpool brand, they look ALOT like the Badgers. Given that Whirlpool tends to clone themselves for their other brands (Kitchenaid, alot of Kenmore, and Maytag), and that they outsource alot of their design (look at the water heaters! also their Cabrio line came from...
  5. Squ1rrel

Which A/C setting is more efficient?

Thanks to both replies! We don't get alot of direct sun, being on the North Eastern wall,and humidity is a relative constant (usually staying between 40-60% even in the summer). That being said, the registers are placed in odd locations, and don't blow directly on ANYTHING (one points into a...
  6. Squ1rrel

Which A/C setting is more efficient?

Hey All, With those nice 100+ degree summers rolling in, I had one rather asinine question for all the HVAC gurus here. Which is more efficient when I am gone all day? Completely shutting my A/C off, or setting it to a higher setting than when I am home, such as 80-85 degrees. My apartment is...
  7. Squ1rrel

Road Runner vs. DSL

That really depends on the company, the package, and the need. I have AT&T's DSL, and have had Time-Warner's cable in the past. To me, there was little difference between the two, especially since I used the "Pro" package from AT&T, and I do alot of graphic and content intensive work online. I...
  8. Squ1rrel

Green Plumbers workshop

So this is a good group? I was wondering, we got an email from them asking for partnership.
  9. Squ1rrel

Changing textured ceiling finish to smooth finish.

This stuff should help to loosen up the popcorn: https://www.homaxproducts.com/patch-repair/texture It's supposed to work on painted surfaces too.
  10. Squ1rrel

American Standard tank warped ... problematic flush valve

What scares me is, when I went to a home show for million-dollar luxury homes this weekend, EVERY SINGLE HOME but one used low-end Cranes. Now THAT is over-pricing, IMO
  11. Squ1rrel

Plumber Supply recommendations?

I dunno...Down here Ferguson doesn't like homeowners, they only deal with contractors. But I guess every place is different.
  12. Squ1rrel

Pex Quick-Disconnects

Here is the spec sheet for the Watts QuickConnect fittings, it does list what codes it meets. http://ww.watts.com/pdf/ES-QC-35Connectors.pdf. Not sure how well they will stand up, since they disconnect by pushing on the fitting.
  13. Squ1rrel

natural gas boilers

Also, the grade of stainless can have an effect on corrosion. the 400-grade (I think 444) they use in Polaris won't stand up to squat, while 300-grades will generally resist corrosion far better.
  14. Squ1rrel

The Longest Service Call

Just saw this article this morning, so i wanted to ask the plumbers here. How much would you charge for THIS service call? http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/28/science/space/28nasaw.html?hp
  15. Squ1rrel

Slip fit vs diverter spout

The bottom link, the K-T10581-4 is listed as NPT (Threaded) in the spec sheet on the same page. http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1036173_4.pdf The only difference between the two is that the upper link, the K-T10582-4 is a slip fit.
  16. Squ1rrel

Gas Water Heater Delayed Hot Water

One thought is, did they change the type of water heater? Changing from a tank-style to a tankless pretty much guarantees an increase in wait time.
  17. Squ1rrel

hard water vs soft water

Actually, Some studies are showing that the mineral content in hard water can actually prove healthy, including lowering the chance of heart problems...go figure, huh?
  18. Squ1rrel

Testing for gas leaks

Digital Manometers read the same thing, only without the actual water, and are generally more accurate. http://www.ueitest.com/product-em150.html this is the one our in-house techs use to test gas valves.
  19. Squ1rrel

Internet provider for rural areas?

Also, if you are in a sparsely populated area, you may have difficulty finding a company that had run repeaters all the way out there. I would recommend speaking to your local phone company or cable company, or even a local apartment complex, if there is one. Oftentimes, apartments are well...
  20. Squ1rrel

Basement plumbing layout

With most wireless system coming equipped standard with encryption protocols, that only don't get activated because people knowingly disable it, I can't see how it doesn't end out being a case of "Well, you asked for it..."
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks