Search results

1. eagleslawyer

Kohler Artifacts spout

So my bride bought a pedestal sink on faceboook marketplace. Installed it and grabbed the bag of parts to hook up the supplies. It is a pedestal sink with Kohler Artifacts widespread valves and spout. Really looks nice and apparently is ungodly expensive. Its missing the tee to connect the...
  2. eagleslawyer

Zone valve question

My friend's home has three zone two pipe radiator setup. Somehow system gets full of air. Handyman told her the zone valves are on wrong side of boiler (they are on feed to the rads) and should be on the returns. Any ideas, suggestions? thanks
  3. eagleslawyer

Ductwork resources?

I've just got someone to pull a mechanical permit so I can run new ductwork to kitchen and 2nd floor bedroom (both new additions). I have not touched a self tapping screw in 15 years. So all the help I can get would be appreciated. I've got 19x 8 square duct terminating 12 feet from plen...
  4. eagleslawyer

toto skirted toilet rough in

I've got the "nexis" (and the vespin for downstairs). Do they make an extra long flexible wc supply? I'd like to intall my shutoff on the right hand side and run a flexible supply over to teh left. Can (or should) I do this? Inspector has already gave me the green light. I wanted to do...
  5. eagleslawyer

rouble air pressure testing new dwv system

I've had several leaks that I have repaired on my pvc dwv system. I have the vent capped abvoe roof and final pipe capped in basement. I've been out of the trade a while, but I've had more problems with leaks in pvc than I had in my whole apprenticeship. Am I missing something. This is...
  6. eagleslawyer

perferable method to vent shower

I posted some pics that were not well received. Apparently horizontal runs in vents are not permitted. So I drew up some changes. Either configuration have a shot at passing? I'd like to get this to be a one and done inspection.
  7. eagleslawyer

Any shot at passing inspection?

Check out the pictures I took. I wanted some opinions before I glued them up. I went and checked the code out of the library. The only thing I think may get me on is that I have two joint of my vents actually in the floor space. (it's 1/12 inches thick). The top joint on el is in that space...
  8. eagleslawyer

Rules on using 90 deg. el in dwv

section 706.3 IPC dictates what are acceptable changes in direction. I've got some questions as there is conflicting information out there. Can a 90 be usd? Or do I need to use several fittings? I've got everything cut and strapped. Just need to glue it all up. Will post some pics...
  9. eagleslawyer

Apparently Motor Vehicle Dept. wasnt hiring...

So he became the plumbing inspector.....Man I'm screwed. He already came at me with a real attitude, over the estimated price of the job and my laready issued and reviewed plans and permits, and that was just when I was picking up my permit. I dont know about anyone else's experience with an...
  10. eagleslawyer

code question

My city uses the ipc 1995 edition as the code. Does anyone know the minimum clearance requirements for toilet both side and front lav side and front I didnt find anything in the UPC online. I've got an architecture book with the "guidelines" but I dont want to run into any problems...
  11. eagleslawyer

Trap primer questions

I did 1/2 of my apprenticeship way back in the early 80's. (I should have finished, then I would probably be off today and not in work preparing for a trial....) I cant remember the requirements for trap primers. First I have two "showers" back to back to each other. One is actually going...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks