Search results

1. K

Water heater leaks.

water heater thanks all, I guess it is time for a new one. Charles
  2. K

Water heater leaks.

water heater Water heater is a Rheem and 9 years old. Thing I do not under stand is why it on leaks once in a while. NOt leaking from any of the valves . I put a container under the valves so I know it is not leaking there. Charles
  3. K

Water heater leaks.

I have a water heater that leaks once a day from around the bottom. It leaks maybe 1/4 of a cup. I can not see where it is coming from. Anyone have an ideas? Charles
  4. K

Eljer Gibraltar bathtub

Has anyone ever installed an Eljer Gibraltar bathtub and what do they think of it? JIm
  5. K

Remodeling cost

Thanks to all, THe tub is in stock at a box store , so contractor is charging 100% to travel 3/4 of a mile to pick it up. Does seem a bit high. Jim
  6. K

Remodeling cost

I am taking bids to remodel 2 bathrooms and the kitchen. Any thing the contractors supply, they double the price. LIke the bathtub cost $300 at a box store and they charge $600 , is this common pratice in other areas of the country? I would think a 30% markup would be normal. Hate to get...
  7. K

Another double vanity sink drain question

double vanity sink Hate to butt in but I am running into the same problem, tying the (new) second sink into a 2.0 horizontal waste running about 6 feet from the first sink to a 3.0 waste(down to basement/vent thru the roof. Tying in the second sink between the first sink and the 3.0 wast/vent...
  8. K

Add a sink

sink Jadnashua, The 3.0 is a vent going vertical thru the roof and nothing drains into above the sink I am adding. It is waste going down. Chuck
  9. K

Add a sink

Sink HJ, What more do I need to cut in the waste for the second sink? Thanks
  10. K

Add a sink

I would like to add a second sink in a bath. The second sink will be between a sink and a 3 inch vertical waste/vent. The waste going from the sink to the 3.0 waste/vent is 2 inch. What kind of "T" would I have to use. Thanks Chuck
  11. K

Fernco non-wax unit to set toilet

Have any of you used the fernco non-wax unit for setting a new toilet. If this works it looks like it could be used when the flange is lower than it should be after tiling. Thanks Chuck
  12. K

toilet color to match existing black jacuzzi tub...

Same problem I have a darker tan tub , toilet and sink which I would like to go white. The sink and toilet are no problem but to swap out the tub to white and retile the suround for the tub the cost is quite high to have it done. I am not quite sure mixing colors is a good idea since most...
  13. K

Toilet flange removal and replace

Thanks to all. Thanks for the info. Chuck
  14. K

Toilet flange removal and replace

The waste pipe is 3.0 inch and I believe the flange fits over the 3.0 inch. The waste pipe is located between 2 , 2x10 joist with about 1/2 clearance. Does not seem to be room to cut the pipe to remove the flange from below the floor. . Can this be cut from above and from inside the pipe. Chuck
  15. K

Toilet Drain - Rough-In Distance from Wall

Plumbing toilet: I have had three new homes built and the plumber always cuts short the 12 inch dim. for the toilet. Any reason you plumbers couldn't make the 12 ruf in a little strong? Say by a quarter of an inch.
  16. K

New heil furnace odor

I had a new Heil furnace installed a couple of months ago and during start up the installer said that there would be some smoke for a couple of minutes. Well there was some smoke and a burnt smell. Since then every time the furnace kicks on there is still a very slight burnt odor .I called the...
  17. K

second sink vent

Thanks to all. Thanks to all for your replies. Kingnus
  18. K

second sink vent

I have a master bath with a 78 inch long vanity and just one sink located at the right end of the vanity. The 2.0 waste line runs to the left inside the wall to a 4.0 dia pvc pipe about 85 inches away that goes to the basment to the septic and runs straight up thru the roof as a vent. I believe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks