1. lottia

ID Price Pfister kitchen faucet

You were right. Thanks!
  2. lottia

Thanks! I'll check it out.
  3. lottia

This kitchen faucet needs O-rings. I contacted Price-Pfister, who told me it is a 34 Genesis. Unfortunately, the exploded parts diagram does not match this faucet. Also, the part number they gave me for the O-rings (950-9100) includes only two rings, but mine has three. This is a well-made...
  4. lottia

Reroute kitchen drain in ceiling of finished basement?

Thanks for your reply. Kitchen sink has its own venting, as does the dishwasher, but I don't see a way to make the required fall inside the ceiling before we get to an interior drain. So outdoors it is, I guess, but there are multiple obstacles. This drain isn't on the city map, and someone...
  5. lottia

Reroute kitchen drain in ceiling of finished basement?

Our kitchen sink drains to the outside of the house where it is broken. Beyond the break, the existing pipe exits through our storm water system. Tunneling would be required to reroute this drain on the outside of the house and rejoin the main waste line. The first estimate we received was for...
  6. lottia

How to remove plastic strain relief connector?

Thanks. I had figured this out just after posting. :-)
  7. lottia

How to remove plastic strain relief connector?

I'm replacing a bathroom wall-heater. To replace the wall can, I need to extricate the house wiring from the old can, but cannot easily remove the strain relief connector in the knockout. [The type I have is shown at this link...
  8. lottia

Dishwasher service manual needed

Great suggestion! Thanks, HJ! I love making a trip to Pacific Appliance Parts (WL May). It's a classic parts store run by real people who want to help. A
  9. lottia

Thanks, but I already have these documents . I'm looking for the technical service manual that a professional repair person might use. a
  10. lottia

Happy New Year, plumbers! We've had our "new" Whirlpool dishwasher (Model GU3600XTSB1) for 2 years. Our old dishwasher required cleaning of filters and disposal blades from time-to-time. I'd like to check the condition of those parts in our new dishwasher, but have been having trouble...
  11. lottia

Caulk removal question

Sandpaper? Barry, I'd be concerned about using sandpaper on ceramic tile or tub surfaces. Wouldn't it scratch the ceramic surface? lottia
  12. lottia

Caulk removal question

No kidding!?!! Here's a list of what I've tried so far to remove That ultra-thin film of silicone from the tile surface: Scotch Brite Delicate Care scrub sponge (white, glass-safe) [good, once the bulk of the silicone has been removed with a blade] single edged razor [good--but requires...
  13. lottia

Caulk removal question

Thanks, Cass. Does Polyseamseal come in white? lottia :) My dog and I are getting to be familiar faces at our local hardware store!
  14. lottia

redoing copper sweats

Solder-sucker I used to assemble electronic circuit boards before most of the process was automated. We used solder-suckers to remove solder. I've used two types--one is just a squeeze bulb of heat-resistant (silicone?) material, the other is a spring-loaded syringe-like contraption. In...
  15. lottia

Caulk removal question

If not silicone, what caulk? Thanks. Why do you say not to use silicone? Other users of this forum recommend it. I'm confused. :confused: If not silicone, then what product(s) do you recommend. (I'm a fairly competent caulker with a good gun and painters tape at hand.)
  16. lottia

Caulk removal question

I'm replacing badly installed caulk in a tiled shower. Instructions for the new caulk call for a surface "clean of ... old caulk." How clean is clean? I'm now in my second day of removal and I'm only re-doing the wall-floor joint and the lower 3 tile-rows in the corners! I assume he used...
  17. lottia

Washing machine outlet box

Thanks, Ted. I actually have a replacement--flexible aluminum. I haven't worked with rigid vent pipe, but I'm willing to give it a try. I'll return the flex aluminum and buy some rigid material. a p.s. You won't believe what happened to our original flex aluminum hose. An electrician who...
  18. lottia

Thanks, Terry. All my DWV plumbing is to the inside of the exterior wall (partly below grade, w/ concrete to 31" above floor). To conceal most of the pipes, I've kept supply and waste plumbing to within 10" of the wall and have begun to build a "housing" topped by a shelf at 39" above...
  19. lottia

Problem: A window in the vicinity of the housing requires that the outlet box top out no more than 39" above floor level. This would center the faucet opening at 34" above the floor. The washing machine inlet connections are centered at 33". I understand why the standpipe for the drain...
  20. lottia

I' m finally getting around to enclosing the dwv project you-all helped with last year, and I want to install a washing machine outlet box for the water supply/shutoff valves. The stand-pipe is separately plumbed. I can't find any specifications for the required height above the floor for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks