Search results

1. Scott_R

Replacing a "Richmond" tank...brand recommendation?

My wife is a bit of a water hog...she likes a 30 min shower in the morning...yes, wasteful, but not worth the argument. This is an electric unit - we don't have access to nat. gas (or I'd switch everything in a heartbeat), only propane, so I'm going to replace with electric. Fortunately...
  2. Scott_R

So, my local Home-Depot lists a couple of different Rheem models, but no Richmond. That was a guess. The issue is this: there are no Menard's around here. I'm in Virginia, and I believe the closest Menard's is in Ohio...so, not driving there. This was the warranty solution though: take the...
  3. Scott_R

Hi all - haven't posted in a while because...thankfully, the plumbing issues have been minimal. I moved about 18 months ago into a house with a "Richmond" water heater - only installed 3.5 years ago. I figured this and the boiler (6 years old) were the only things I wouldn't be replacing in...
  4. Scott_R

Monoflow loop - moving a convector - couple of q's

Following up my own message... Well, I guess nobody wanted to take a guess or I violated the posting policy (my apologies for that if I did). I decided to take the least risk possible and went ahead and used 1" copper (sched. L), though this was a tighter fit. I will post the results when we...
  5. Scott_R

Monoflow loop - moving a convector - couple of q's

Heya gang - it has been a while since I've posted. I'm in the middle of a project to replace my boiler (a 1942 National Radiator Co., Johnstown, PA lump) with a nice new Munchkin modulating/condensing boiler. I'm paying professionals do to the boiler install which involves new: boiler...
  6. Scott_R

Geothermal "horizontal" loop circulation

Makes sense - this is 3/4" PE - I'll check the manufacturer's literature to find out what the bubble rising rate is. Sure, good old PV=nRT I hadn't really thought about this, but certainly, I can see where the fluid moving downhill would pull enough vacuum to create vapor (cavitation?) at...
  7. Scott_R

Well, that would be a neat way of ensuring the highest point in the loop is in an easy place to bleed, but my house sits on a hill - so bringing the pipes in above the freeze line or below won't affect the "high spot" problem for bleeding, but will affect the freezing pipes in winter! Oh...
  8. Scott_R

So, this is a tricky part - I am more or less stuck with putting the loop field uphill from the house or downhill - both the pump and the bleeder will be located in the house. However, it seems like putting the pump at the bottom might be best - easiest to drain, and I'll always be pumping up...
  9. Scott_R

Hello all, I've posted here before, but always with Q's about wells. This is a little different - an HVAC issue. I'm getting ready to replace my 35yo oil furnace before the cold weather arrives - it's inefficient, and oil is killing me. I'm ready to stop enriching Arab Princes (and a few...
  10. Scott_R

Reset a 2 wire w/o pulling?

well, I didn't think there was the possibility of polarity, but was grasping at straws, and yeah, I've got power on both legs of the circuit. I measured with a multi-meter to be sure, and I'm getting ~220v AC. While a sump pump would treat the symptom, the real problem is the leak. A...
  11. Scott_R

Polarity I forgot to add: does the polarity on a 2 wire system matter? I may have inadvertently reversed these when I stripped off the old ends and re-connected.
  12. Scott_R

I have an unknown 2-wire pump in one of my 2 wells; I'd really, really like to avoid pulling it if possible. The well was running just fine until two days ago, when it simply didn't come on. I've checked the wiring and I'm getting power at the well head; the pressure switch appears to be in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks