Search results

1. Iminaquagmire

Softener, humidifier, and AC drains - into trap or arm?

I'm replacing a corroded copper drain line in my crawlspace that services the kitchen sink up above. Currently, the AC, humidifier, and water softener all connect together and drain into a hole somebody drilled into the kitchen sink drain in the crawlspace. The drain hose is just siliconed...
  2. Iminaquagmire

Question about insulating garage (framing issue)

I'm working on insulating and closing in my garage to make a workshop. Currently its just the exterior polyisocyanurate sheathing and studs. Its all open to the rafters, which are uninsulated. There is a top plate at 8' where the pitch starts. On top of the top plate there are several 2x6...
  3. Iminaquagmire

Delta R10000 rough in question

As the title states I'm roughing in a Delta R10000 valve with the dryden thermostatic valve and trim. I'm putting it in the opposing wall from the shower head. The supplies are in but I have a question about the positioning of the valve. I've heard that the tub outlet provides more flow and...
  4. Iminaquagmire

Question about 3/4 S-Trap

Would this be one? The trap would be that of a 2nd floor shower. The top outlet of the santee would tie into the stack vent in the attic, the bottom into a 90, then run parallel to the joists to the stack ~4 feet away. I know it would be if it downturned directly after the trap outlet, but...
  5. Iminaquagmire

Washing Machine DWV Question

I'm in the process of installing a HE Maytag front load washer and dryer. I decided to change out the old gate valve supplies for a single handle ball valve one and change the 1 1/2" standpipe for the required 2". The valve is easy but I'm confused on how to properly reconfigure the DWV for...
  6. Iminaquagmire

Outdoor Conduit Conductors

I'm fixing to do a panel swap (will be permitted and inspected to 2005 NEC with 2008 provisions, i.e. AFCI) from an old Federal Pacific fuse panel to a Square D breaker box. House is currently BX and some MC from new installs. NM is not allowed per city ordinance. The reason for the swap...
  7. Iminaquagmire

Pex for shower only valve install?

I know that valve manufacturers say not to use pex for valve to tub spout supply lines, but what about shower only installations? I'll be using the Delta Multichoice universal rough-in valve if it makes a difference. The valve is also on a sidewall next to the shower head wall as opposed to...
  8. Iminaquagmire

Switch Wiring Nightmare Pictures

The other night my girlfriend and I were trying to find a switched outlet in the bedroom of her new apartment, and upon being unsuccessful, I decided to take the cover off and have a looksee. I knew there was no point in having a switch if it wasn't going to control something. When I took the...
  9. Iminaquagmire

Trying to figure out shower drain rough-in..

As the title states, I'm trying to figure out the rough-in for my shower drain in my basement bathroom. I've already placed the toilet drain but the whole vent and wet vent thing is confusing me. There are four stacks in the wall, one being for the toilet, one on the far right for the sink and...
  10. Iminaquagmire

Flange height situation.

I'll be installing a new toilet in my master bath tomorrow after remodeling it. During the remodel, I installed some 3/4 OSB over the existing subfloor, Ditra, and 5/16 tile. My dilemma is obviously the flange which I neglected until now. I'm wondering which is the best course of action to...
  11. Iminaquagmire

How much play in the Aquia's rough-in?

I'm in the process of remodeling my master bathroom and have a Toto Aquia on order for the toilet. That's not an issue, I'll use that no matter what. The issue is that the rough-in is 12" and I'd like to install wainscoting behind the toilet. My plan was to put up paneled wainscoting but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks