Search results

1. WallyGater

Water Hammer wont go away

some answers ONLY making the noise when the WM turns off the water? YES Does it happen EVERY time the WM turns the water off? YES make noise if you set to only use cold, or only when hot is being used? COLD YES, (HOT JUST A LITTLE) Did you anchor anything? NO Can...
  2. WallyGater

Three Dead Outlet Mystery

i am being carefull, thank you
  3. WallyGater

ok thanks. I already have two hammer aresters installed directly before both the hot and cold supply lines to the washer i also have a third hammer arester installed directly on the cold inlet to the washing machine none of these three aresters have had any effect at all on th hammer my...
  4. WallyGater

ok. i got rid of the GFI and put a regular outlet in that box for now. i tested the wires again and there is definatly no juice at that box or the other three. I am going to buy the thig at HD friday.this thing http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Too...0#.UcEPuSvD-Cg. i will post the results
  5. WallyGater

no matter what i do, the 4 dead outlets will remain dead even with the beaker off it will still be hard to determine wich breaker/circut it is But, it might help to narrow it down a bit
  6. WallyGater

at least it would narrow it down a bit
  7. WallyGater

thats a petty good idea. thanks
  8. WallyGater

thanks. So far I have only seen one size arrester. it gets sweated onto 1/2" pipe I have 3/4 copper at that DHW coil. I agree that i could use a bigger one there can i install two of them at that location?? will that be the same as one big one ???
  9. WallyGater

this house has no exspantion tank. it has been poinnted out to me in the past we are here a very long time the plumbing works fine. we would hear an ocashinal pipe bang once in a while, but no big deal now that we have the new washer, its a problem i really think its the coil thats banging...
  10. WallyGater

I am trying to be as safe as possible. I will be passing any crazy ideas/plans, on this forum first, before i try it thanks in advance, for any help you can provide. maybe you can explain the correct way to locate the bad outlet without me having to pull out and test all of them there has got...
  11. WallyGater

thank you for the replies. I figurred out whats up with that "last outlet" It turns out that it not the last outlet. what the electrition had done, is rewire the out let next to it. it turns out that the GFI is the "second to last outlet". the last one is the one next to it with only 2...
  12. WallyGater

I am sorry to say that I dont know. the last time I tested it was at the garden hose valve. at the time it was low. about 40 lbs i think
  13. WallyGater

thank you for the replies I installed the aresters within 3 feet of the washing machine valves. they did nothing I then installed the (easy one with the threads), (made for washing machine connections), Directly onto the washing machine. It also did nothing to stop the hammer the hammer is...
  14. WallyGater

I am now back to my electrical mystery. thank you for your replies the only thing that has changed within the past few weeks is the new washing machine LG front loader. about a week after pluging in the new washer the problems began the washer plugs into what I call the" last outlet" in the...
  15. WallyGater

So far I have put two arresters on. (within 3 feet of the washing machine). One on the hot side and one on the cold side I then added a third one directly on the washing machine Brand new, LG, front loader. The hammer is coming from the cold feed into the coil on on boiler. all the way...
  16. WallyGater

I agree. dead feed somewhere. This house is 75 yrs old, so is most of the wireing the bad outlets are part of the original house wireing All BX I had planed to backfeed the last outlet and see where the power goes, however, that sounds dangerous to me I will thr to just use the tester and...
  17. WallyGater

One in the basement (washing machine) Two on the first floor The three outlets are dead, no power All three worked fine up until now So Far: I have changed , tested all three outlets with a volt stick None of them show any signs of having power All circut breakers are on in the house...
  18. WallyGater

American Standard Arcoliner - Control for Domestic Hot Water

thanks tom No way I would ever give up the steam. There`s nothing like it. Best heat period.
  19. WallyGater

My old boiler Hey Dana, I sure wish you lived on long Island. That goes for the rest of you pro`s out there. My old steam boiler is heating the house very nicely. no banging, no problems. From what I hear, In order to replace it many things need to be taken into consideration. To big is no...
  20. WallyGater

I have the same boiler Yes it is old. I think mine is about 60 years old. Yes it is a beast, about yhe size of a voltswagon bug. The one that I have is the same color. It is a steam boiler and has been working very well all of these years. Original everything. New oil gun. And it still produces...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks