Search results

1. Sassyav8r

Clogged drain valve in water heater

That's exactly what I ended up doing. It wasn't too heavy. Thanks for all the replies. Now I have to figure out what the plumber was thinking when he hooked it up.
  2. Sassyav8r

LOL, yea, that's what I meant. That's what I get for typing and carrying on a conversation with someone else. Thanks :)
  3. Sassyav8r

That's what I've decided to do if I can't drain it. I'm tired of messing with the drain valve. I'm very glad it's not an 80 pounder. I'm just a little 5'4" chick. :)
  4. Sassyav8r

Thanks for your reply. I've gotten some of the water out via the t & p valve but am wondering how much it would weigh if I tried to pull it out now. I figured there's probably 5 gal. left weighing approx 9 lbs each and the tank itself full of sediments likely weighing 15, so is 60 lbs. about...
  5. Sassyav8r

Hi guys- First of all, thanks for all of the past advice and tips. You all are the best. Secondly, I have a 6 gal. under sink point of use water heater that is needing replacement. I can't seem to get it drained. I've opened the faucet, hooked up a hose, opened the t&p valve, banged on...
  6. Sassyav8r

Shower valve rough in and NPT length

Thank you for responding guys. Guess it's time to close up the wall. Regarding the question of the diverter...it is an 8 position that will allow 1,2 or all ports to operate. I know the 1/2" supply would'nt come close to adequate pressure for all 3 at once but hopefully it'll be okay for 2...
  7. Sassyav8r

NPT length issue solved, now need opinions on plumbing config. Hi all- I thought I'd give this one more try. Here is a link to the photo of the plumbing that I've done. http://box107.com/shower.htm I resweated the loops and all nipples will be the same length. My main concern now is the pipe...
  8. Sassyav8r

I too was concerned about moisture build up and where it would go. What isn't in the photos is a vent pipe that I placed through a drilled hole in my stud. It is subsequently connected to another vent pipe that vents outside. I wasn't sure at the time if this was overkill but that's the way I...
  9. Sassyav8r

Hi Dave- Thanks for responding. The red is RedGard. The wall is an interior closet wall that I wanted to protect, just in case my sweating was not good enough. The tiled walls had insulation and a thick plastic vapor barrier. The pipes are 1/2" and that was one of the things I did a lot of...
  10. Sassyav8r

Hello all- First of all, thanks for all the helpful info. that everyone supplies. I always recommend this site as well as John Bridge Tile forum to my friends. This is my first post after lurking for years and it coincides with my first complete shower remodel. After gutting the tile and...
  11. Sassyav8r

Green stuff

Thanks for the replies guys. I'll pass on the info. Cheers, SAS
  12. Sassyav8r

Green stuff

Thanks to all for always sharing your knowledge and experiences. I appreciate it. Now for the "green stuff". My parents drilled a water well on their place 2 years ago during the building of their home. About 6 months ago they added a storage tank to prevent the pump from overworking...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks