Search results

1. TonyBagadonutz

Gerber Tank to Bowl gasket

I have toilet that leaks. :D After replacing virtually everything not made of china/porcelain, I discovered that the bowl-to-tank gasket(BTG) I installed might be a bit to short :confused: The BTG installed was 1 1/8", apparently Gerber's need a different product.... .....ok.....so....how...
  2. TonyBagadonutz

Expansion tank and boiler

My Mother-in-law (MIL) calls to tell me she has no heat. I go over to her place, and while checking things out my wife calls and tells me that the MIL has a "worry-free" contract with the gas co. I say "Good, call them - I'm coming home". My wife meets the gas co. man today...he quickly...
  3. TonyBagadonutz

"New" Work, rough-in ~ pressure-balancing valve,

I am installing a pressure-balancing valve in my bath remodel ("new"). I'm a bit confused by the terms/definitions used in the install guide...a little clarification, please? The valve is being installed on a wall that will have 1/2" rock and a 3-piece shower surround. The instructions say...
  4. TonyBagadonutz

Sump pits

I just dug a sump pit and put in a liner. Talking with a "guy at work", he mentions that in addition to stones around the liner - I should put sand. I thought the sand would work it's way into the pit and eventually the pump. He said the sand will prevent a mineral build-up around the stones...
  5. TonyBagadonutz

I have angered the plumbing gods....

I have angered the plumbing gods....what other explanation is there for what has happened this MONTH: - water tank cracked ~ replaced old 40 gal w/75 gal - leaky faucet STOPPED leaking..or working for that matter. 6" OC faucets virutally impossible to find - replace sink AND faucets - main...
  6. TonyBagadonutz

Heater ?'s

It just dawned on me.....in my 2nd floor rehab project, the bath has NO HEAT. The house has forced air, but at this point, we are in no position to run any ductwork. While I am an electrician, you plumbers have probably seen more along the lines of an electric heater for the bathroom than...
  7. TonyBagadonutz

Replace 1950's faucet

Here is a 1950's American Standard bathroom sink, the faucet (on the hot side, of course :mad: ) leaks - and the angle stop doesn't close all the way. The faucets are 6" OC. I need a temporary fix - this bath is the only one active as I am STILL working on the other bath...
  8. TonyBagadonutz

Replace HW Tank....

I come home today to find the HWH has decided to quit - but not before spewing it's contents all over the place. Obviously, I will need to replace this HWH...and at this hour (5:30PM) all the plumbing supply houses are closed. I did a quick search at the big box stores for a replacement and...
  9. TonyBagadonutz

Mixing valve ?'s

Hi folks...been awhile..still working on that bath. I have a quick question that - hopefully - someone that is familiar with Kohler products can answer for me. We plan on installing a Kohler K T461 4V : The specs state: This Memoirs Rite-Temp pressure-balancing bath and shower...
  10. TonyBagadonutz

recessed bathroom cabinet

Hi guys..been awhile and all is going well. Supply and waste lines are done(90% - need final cut sheet for tub), joists have been sistered more than required, subfloor has been laid, electric is in, some sheetrock is even going up, etc :) But now we have hit a small bump in the...
  11. TonyBagadonutz

Toilet supply line rough in dimension

Hi everyone, I'm back to doing the bathroom rehab again and I have 1 question that may have no "exact" answer...but you guys do it more than me so you will have a "general" answer: Running new supply line to new toilet location...any recommendations on the best location for the stub-out...
  12. TonyBagadonutz

Am I ready for glue?

Here's the final product, Take #1: The first thing to hit the editing room floor will probably be that 2x2x2 tee (off the 4x4x2 tee) heading to the pedistal sink vent. From looking at many DWV drawings, I am off the opinion that that 2" heading down will not have the volume for the 1st flr...
  13. TonyBagadonutz

Closet Flange

I may have hit a brick wall....a closet bend (street x hub ) with an offset flange (hub) is about 9" in height (+/- 1/4"). My floor joists are 7". Where to lose a few 1/4'' 's?
  14. TonyBagadonutz

A question of fittings...

What is the differnce between these fittings (when used for waste lines)? 3 Inch DOUBLE, FIXTURE FITTING, HUB 4 Inch TEE, DOUBLE, SANITARY, HUB The reason I ask, is that I cannot locate a 4" double fixture fitting at the LASCO site ~ I have to question if the part is...
  15. TonyBagadonutz

Is stack legal?

I have "built" a stack for approval or "red sticker" from you good people. Do you think this stack is "legal". The "tee" that is labeled "Waste line to: toilet(this floor) will actually be turned to head in a more direct route to the closet bend - the most amount of bend will...
  16. TonyBagadonutz

A tragic flaw?

I think my plan is tragically flawed... I cannot figure out how to get the venting for the first floor bath tied back into the stack on the second floor (bath). I think this may have to do with the fact that the walls do NOT line up between 1st and 2nd floors...and the 1st flr bath is...
  17. TonyBagadonutz

Cutting cast...

Snap cutter Ok, so far Mr. Mirphy and his laws have struck a few times...the latest fiasco involves cutting that 4" cast riser. The first few cuts were easy (after taking the snap cutter back to the rental place becasue it was NFG). Now I have a 4" riser in a 6x wall cavity. The chain will not...
  18. TonyBagadonutz

Proposed layout questions

Below is the proposed layout for my 2nd flr bth. The questions are: 1 -Can the toilet be attached to the shower drain with a 4x4x2 wye and then connect to the stack for venting? Is this method of venting the toilet adequete?(NOTE: the shower is vented above) 2 - Can the toilet closet bend...
  19. TonyBagadonutz

Can I use this...

Can I use a double wye on venting? Something similar to this, and with the 3 openings pointing down: All the hubs would be 2". What angle fitting would return those "wings" to vertical? 45's? (This is part of the plan: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1749 ; last photo, the red...
  20. TonyBagadonutz

Opinions on American Standard

In that 2nd flr bath rehab., we are doing, the Mrs. and I decided on American Standard Townsquare. Anyone have on an opinion on AS TS toilets/sinks (or AS, in general)?.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks