Search results

1. Christoff

Smell from kitchen sinks

Hello, we are in a 3 year old new build home with all original plumbing in Ontario Canada. no matter how much the wife uses vinegar and backing soda the smell reurns quickly. I am wondering if the plumbing was not done correctly? Pictures of the p trap under the floor with 2 clean out under the...
  2. Christoff

AAV Valve for washer?

Hello, I was wondering if an AAV valve can be used in Ontario Canada for venting a washer I have to relocate the current washer dryer and there is no vent available where they are being moved to. I was considering using a 2 inch to join into the main drain about 10 feet away, or what would be...
  3. Christoff

Sewer smell

Hello, I am currently working in a condominium that has back to back toilets, there is a bad sewer smell coming from the drains. when I flush the toilets the one of the toilets has a major bubbling so I figure that there is a major block in the vent. My question is would there be a way to try to...
  4. Christoff

Metal lath in bathroom tub walls

Hello, I am in the middle of a bathroom reno, after I removed the tiles I have a massive amount of plaster. When I went through some of the plaster I came across metal lath.I don't see any metal studs behind the lath, am I to assume that I have to rip out all of the metal lath and install steel...
  5. Christoff

What type of toilet is this. Back outlet, floor mounted.

Hello, I have job to do in a condo that was initially a hotel converted to a condo in Toronto Canada. The job will be permitted and a licensed plumber will be used but my question is what type of toilet is this? Is it a back flow drain into the wall, it threw me when I saw the extra set of hold...
  6. Christoff

Anyone know the name of this tap set

Hi, i am looking for the name of this tap set so i can repair it. Anyone ?
  7. Christoff

Outdoor condo frost free hose bib near electrical outlet

Hello, i am living in a condo inToronto Ontario and i have a Zurn frost free hose bib that is leaking. The builder has agreed to fix the problem but my main concern is the legality of the outdoor electrical box that is just 10 inches below the bib, is this installed to building code? Is it...
  8. Christoff

sump pump basin

hi, im in the middle of putting a sump pump and basin in,and i dug down the 24" deep. my intentions are to hook up the weeping tiles to it. after about a day the hole is completely full of water, but not from the weeping tiles so i assume i have a high water table. my question is do i put the...
  9. Christoff

toilet wet vent in Canada

i was wondering if you can run shower and tub drains to the 2" lav wet vent to the toilet? i don't know if the code is different in ontario. do the shower and tub have to have their own drain connection to the 3" toilet pipe.
  10. Christoff

floor drain, Canada

hello, i have a drain in my basement floor that is joined to a clay pipe and appears to go toward the outside of the house not attached to the drain that goes to the street . i assume that it is a drain to the outside weepers in case of a flood. my question is can i not use that clay pipe and...
  11. Christoff

toilet waste and vent in Canada

hello i am in toronto canada and am putting a basement bathroom in a bungalow. i was wondering how far a toilet is allowed to be from the drain when using a vent. i am looking to put the toilet about 10 feet from the drain thanks
  12. Christoff

plastic faucet tube

ive got a plastic tube running from my laundry room sink faucet down into the basement ,( i guess it goes into the sewer) it started leaking ,so i fixed it. my question is what is it for?? :confused:
  13. Christoff

Sewer drains

hello all, i have purchased a home that was built in 1982, and i have installed a toilet where the rough in was, but in another part of the house ( basement) there are 2 more, what look to be sewer drains that are closed of but can screw off. i dont know what they are for, they are directly...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks