Search results

1. Christoff

Smell from kitchen sinks

Yes there are baskets and when they are closed, the smell is gone. I disconnected the drain hose from the dish washer and still has the smell so def. from the ABS piping.
  2. Christoff

Smell from kitchen sinks

The p trap in the under floor pic. is on the right which is the right sink in the cabinet pic. The other cleanout is the short one sticking out of the floor cabinet behind the cold water line.
  3. Christoff

Smell from kitchen sinks

What is your train of thought for the siphoning? It kinda looks like a S trap down to the p trap? Or am I way off?
  4. Christoff

Smell from kitchen sinks

Could I eliminate the one cleanout and install the p trap under the sink?
  5. Christoff

Terry Love- cancer update

So sorry to hear about Terry, my condolences to family members.
  6. Christoff

Smell from kitchen sinks

Hello, we are in a 3 year old new build home with all original plumbing in Ontario Canada. no matter how much the wife uses vinegar and backing soda the smell reurns quickly. I am wondering if the plumbing was not done correctly? Pictures of the p trap under the floor with 2 clean out under the...
  7. Christoff

AAV Valve for washer?

Hi Jennifer, my plumber said that is acceptable to use an aav if there is no way to use an existing vent. If you are concerned, maybe give the municipality building inspector a call to confirm.
  8. Christoff

AAV Valve for washer?

Thanks Terry, I will ask when I pick up the permit
  9. Christoff

AAV Valve for washer?

Hello, I was wondering if an AAV valve can be used in Ontario Canada for venting a washer I have to relocate the current washer dryer and there is no vent available where they are being moved to. I was considering using a 2 inch to join into the main drain about 10 feet away, or what would be...
  10. Christoff

Shower Drain Dilemma

Is this shower in the basement or can you get at the plumbing underneath to change the height of the trap ?
  11. Christoff

Sewer smell

Hello, I am currently working in a condominium that has back to back toilets, there is a bad sewer smell coming from the drains. when I flush the toilets the one of the toilets has a major bubbling so I figure that there is a major block in the vent. My question is would there be a way to try to...
  12. Christoff

Metal lath in bathroom tub walls

Well there wasn't anything behind the walls but a small steel studs and the lath, so i had to remove the complete wall and install a metal stud wall.
  13. Christoff

I'm cutting the lath out tomorrow Terry, and I guess I will see what is back there. If there is no wood then I will have to use steel studs to rebuild it.
  14. Christoff

Hello, I am in the middle of a bathroom reno, after I removed the tiles I have a massive amount of plaster. When I went through some of the plaster I came across metal lath.I don't see any metal studs behind the lath, am I to assume that I have to rip out all of the metal lath and install steel...
  15. Christoff

What type of toilet is this. Back outlet, floor mounted.

Thanks for the help guys, I will start the search, it's not an every day item up here.
  16. Christoff

What type of toilet is this. Back outlet, floor mounted.

Hello, I have job to do in a condo that was initially a hotel converted to a condo in Toronto Canada. The job will be permitted and a licensed plumber will be used but my question is what type of toilet is this? Is it a back flow drain into the wall, it threw me when I saw the extra set of hold...
  17. Christoff

Anyone know the name of this tap set

I think i finally found a pic of the tap, has anyone heard of THG?
  18. Christoff

I have been looking for hours and can't find anything. There are no markings at all, i don't want to take it apart until i know the manufacturer. thanks for the input i will keep looking.
  19. Christoff

Hi, i am looking for the name of this tap set so i can repair it. Anyone ?
  20. Christoff

Outdoor condo frost free hose bib near electrical outlet

Everything that i can see other than behind the walls seem ok, but they will install the gfi's because the unit is under warranty. i won't be spending any money, count on that.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks