Search results

1. Al S

P-Trap access box under basement floor

I have an under basement slab P- trap connected to the 4 inch main that then exits the house. Because there is a full bath 20+ feet from the trap, the pitch has the trap about 2 feet under the slab. The wood surrounding the trap has all disintegrated and the dirt is starting to fall onto the p...
  2. Al S

Method of removing lead joint from cast iron hub

Hello, I have a 1955 cast iron hub with a 2 in galvanized pipe in what looks like 3 inch cast iron hub with a lead joint. The hub and pipe are vertical and I am seeking advice as to removing the lead that surrounds the pipe. I've seen examples of drilling out the joint with dozens of holes...
  3. Al S

Seeking monoflow draining methods

I am replacing a monoflow tee and its regular tee. Using a 1 inch x 3/4 inch in place of the 1 inch x 1/2 inch. This is to be used for a fin tube baseboard. When I open the drain valve at the return to the boiler and open the vents, there always remain just enough water to make things...
  4. Al S

Pipe sizing same for convector versus baseboard

Setup: 1" monoflow trunk feeding semi-recessed convectors through 1/2" pipe. Monoflow tee on supply side Monoflow and return tee is 1 x 1/2 x 1 - that is, the center port is 1/2" High output baseboard is replacing a convector. The pipe diameter of the element is 3/4 inch. Question: Is...
  5. Al S

Coverting single zone from monoflow to two pipe

I have a single zone heated ranch feeding convectors through monoflow tees. I want to remove the copper 1 1/4 monflow trunk and replace with PEX. I realize I need to upsize to 1 1/2 for the Uponor and get PEX monoflow tees. Does it not make more sense to switch to a two pipe direct return system?
  6. Al S

PEX monoflow versus two pipe on convectors

1955 ranch with monoflow feeding convectors. The 1-1/4" monoflow trunk is 6- 8 inches below the face of the joists in the basement. I want to consider raising the system to be tucked up closer and am considering replacing the copper with Uponor PEX. It's possible I need to replace the...
  7. Al S

Replacing a monoflow convector with steel panel radiator

I am researching a heating upgrade in a kitchen. Given: Monoflow run supplying venturi tees (on the inlet side, not return). Semi-recessed hydronic convectors. Two are in kitchen. One is mid-point on run and considering its replacement. Subject convector is 26.5 inches tank to tank by 6 inches...
  8. Al S

Recurring air in zone or crack in heat exchanger?

I have a 13 month old (Burnham ES2-3) two zone system. One zone for heat, the other feeds the Burnham 35 gallon indirect. It has to be purged very frequently. How can one determine if the cast iron may have a crack where it can take on air but not release water (if that is even possible)...
  9. Al S

Need to install a PV Supervent in a tight layout

This was in the plumbing forum and I think it belongs here https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/need-to-install-a-pv-supervent-on-a-tight-system.59098/ Hope someone can provide help with install location
  10. Al S

Need to install a PV Supervent on a tight system

I have a battle with having to purge air from my monoflo system often during heating season. The circulator is somewhat closely mounted to the supply side. This means I don't have much of a run to mount a air elminator. I've seen and read that the vent has to be as close to the source coming...
  11. Al S

Burnham Outdoor Reset Option Module versus Tekmar

I have a Burnham ES24 gas fired boiler with a controller that accommodates an outdoor reset module p/n 102723-01 option made by the same company. While this seems an obvious choice, it's more than twice the price of a Tekmar 256. I am asking if anyone has used the Burnham module or the Tekmar...
  12. Al S

New plumbing for basement washer

Hello. New user to the forum I am relocating a front loader washer to an end of the house that has no drain or waste line less than approx. 20 feet away. There is available, the end of a 3 inch line that connects to a good size dry well that is located about three feet high as it exits the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks