Search results

1. Brother

Office Ceiling water heater, Do you relocate

Saw a job recently where they had a very small office that needed a water heater replaced. The 15 gallon water heater was in the in the ceiling of the restroom, (no pan, no seismic not sure if it was required). Other projects I have seen like this, if there was a space on the floor and not too...
  2. Brother

Plumber electrocuted while working in flooded basement of Detroit apartment complex

What could they have done to prevent this. Sorry for his family and loss of life. Whats your take on it? should electricians be called out for floodings in basements as well as the plumbers? https://www.audacy.com/wwjnewsradio/news/local/plumber-electrocuted-while-working-in-flooded-basement
  3. Brother

Small 15gallon point of use water heater Seismic question

Thanks for the responses. This is an electric 15 gallon water heater. Its just the location in the ceiling kinda makes it hard to get at and it appears even more difficult for straps.
  4. Brother

Small 15gallon point of use water heater Seismic question

I am not a pro plumber. So forgive my question if it is too simple. Do small point of use 15 gallon water heaters still require the seismic eartquake straps like the bigger water hears?? Also, if it is up in a ceiling (office bathroom) is there a leak alarm required?
  5. Brother

PRV open air gap to drain

Had another job where they had an open air gap from pressure relief valve to a drain. The problem is that the drain could not handle the rush of water coming into it from the prv and also the prv drain is in the wall and because the water rushes out so fast, it splashes out on the wall and floor...
  6. Brother

PRV valve, Readily Observable Defined

Do you have that wording? I would like to see what it says.
  7. Brother

PRV valve, Readily Observable Defined

Had a plumber install a pressure relief drain line with air gap for the water heater in the laundry area. It does not go to the sink nor does it go to a drain in the floor, just inside the wall that is partially open. The issue is that the laundry area is very small, just enough room for the...
  8. Brother

Pressure relief water heater drain pipe

I don't believe there is one, but just checking to be sure. Is there a maximum length a drain pipe can be run from the water heater pressure relief ? This pipe is running to the exterior of the building, and the total length is 27 ft. from the water heater. other than that its ok.
  9. Brother

Multifamily exterior water faucet

Is it a code requirement that the exterior water faucets on a duplex (2 unit multifamily) be fed from the same metered water supply? In past these 2 faucets were separated and fed from the individual units (meter) that they were obviously close to. Each unit has its own meter, so the other...
  10. Brother

2012 Changes in International Residential Code from 2006

I was curious as to how do they reconcile the UPC and IRC? The UPC prohibits the tp reife valve from bing discharged into the pan and the IRC allows it.
  11. Brother

2012 Changes in International Residential Code from 2006

Had buddy of mine show the IRC concerning the questions I had about water heater tp relief valve drainage. Thanks to all who answered my previous posts. The question I have is about the change they made from the 2006 to the 2012 under P2803.6.1 Requirements for discharge pipe. #5 stated in...
  12. Brother

Water heater Pressure Relief drain connection

Recently had a remodel done on a house. The water heater was replaced and it appears that the pressure relief drain tube is going to be connected directly to a drain pipe. I always thought this had to be opened air where the drain can be observed. My concern is that if this drain pipe got...
  13. Brother

Hot water pressure relife valve drain pipe

My question is, does the hot water tank pressure relief valve pipe that goes to a leak pan underneath the hotwater tank ok to just let it go to there, or does that pan have to drain to the outside, or if not feasible for outside because of location of tank, is ok to connect to an existing drain...
  14. Brother

Bathroom Exahust vent

Sorry, I am not much of a plumber, so fumes and gases from a bathroom seem about the same to me! lol. This is a bathroom exahuast vent just below a window. I was concerned about the smells coming back in through the window. This is a 2 family building not a single. The code I think that helps...
  15. Brother

P trap Tub Concrete

Its my understanding that p traps are required for all bath tubs. I am not sure there is an exception for those that are in concrete. The picture is of a replacement of a bath tub, with the new abs pipe drain installed, connected to the old existing pipe in concrete. Do they have to install a p...
  16. Brother

Bathroom Exahust vent

I noticed during this remodel that the bathroom exhaust vent was installed about 30 inches below a window. Other than bad design in my opinion, ( possibility of fumes from vent coming up into the window), is there a code violation?
  17. Brother

Drain has roots PVC or ABS?

Found out that my drain outside the house has partial blockage because of some root ball. Since this is outside the house and underground, (4 inch pipe) what is legal to use and best to use? PVC or ABS? I have dig it up, about 4ft deep so it wont take long.
  18. Brother

Water heater, Cooling unit who's work?

Was in a little debate about 'whos work this is' discussion. Theres this cooling tower in a building and it has a 'heating element' that needed to be replaced. Basically this unit is like a giant water heater in my opinion. Some believed it was the 'electricians' responsibility to install...
  19. Brother

EPA lead laws

This is the other concern, ALOT of people don't even know about the changes, and may end up getting fined for it heavily. Heres a link to the pamphlet http://www.epa.gov/lead/pubs/sbcomplianceguide.pdf Basically what has changed is that anyone 'disturbing' the wall/paint of more than 6...
  20. Brother

EPA lead laws

Im just curious as to how have any of you been dealing with this new 'change' in the Federal lead laws. Im sure it would up the price of any bid. I think this took affect in April 2010. I wonder what made the Feds go to this extreme with the lead laws.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks