Search results

1. jvl

what type of pipe do i have

answer to above questions about the piping from the roof down to floor level ,the vent pipe is 2" galvanized.it then enters into a cast iron sanitary tee.also entering is a 1 1/2" copper fixture drain pipe that is threaded into the cast iron 2x2x11/2.coming out of sanitary is a short piece of...
  2. jvl

diamond blade cuts thru gal.steel?
  3. jvl

rmelo99,thanks for the info.i am going to cut the fittings off the gal pipe to see if it is threaded or not.the settling of the house could be but the fixture drain was pitched back towards the trap and not towards the san.tee and the drain pipe right below it was pitched 3/8" per foot toward...
  4. jvl

very close friend,no charge,he has been a building inspector for 13 years,a contractor for 10 years,a teacher for 14 years,engineer for ?i am going to break apart the fittings.remember this is the work of a plumber who didnt understand the 1/4" per foot drop for piping.
  5. jvl

just finished the job replaced vent piping,wye combo,sanitary tee,30 feet of 2"' drain pipe,plus fixture drain.that 2" pipe is diffently gal/steel that runs into hub and spigot that it appears to be caulked/glued. there seems not be lead or oakum joint.could a galvanized/steel hub/spigot...
  6. jvl

the pipe size is 2"
  7. jvl

hello, replacing part of a vent and drainage pipes connected to it.how can i tell if the pipe is cast iron or galvanized.it is a 1950 s home.tried cutting the vent pipe with a blade that is meant for cast iron.wont cut it.used a metal blade and it did cut it.the pipe looks like steel but it is...
  8. jvl

cutting pipe

hello,i am having a problem cutting the galvanized drain pipe under a house.using a reciprocating saw and laying on my back ,i seem to have a problem of cutting it straight.is there a secret or a guide that i should know about.thanks jvl
  9. jvl

gasket on tub overflow

hello,could somebody explain the proper installation of the gasket on the overflow on the bath tub.i see that the gasket tapers from a thick to thin.does this apply to the curvature of the tub.please explain.thanks jvl
  10. jvl

watts ezy touch bath drain

thanks thanks for the reply.my biggest problem is i dont have a helper.seems to me it will be very difficult for one person.i have to think it out .thanks again jvl
  11. jvl

watts ezy touch bath drain

hello,i am installing a new abs drain,overflow assembly to my old bathtub.i have access from under the house only.i was wondering if there is a easy way of assemblying this abs drain kit. already misalinged the drain to the overflow pipe and have to start over.any helpful hints to get this thing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks