Search results

1. S

Water Heater as source for Baseboard Heat

The theory (which combination of fins, water temperature and heatloss) is really not important. The room was being heated with a 40M burner previously, in addition to heating 36 ft (!) of crawl space. It's obvious that a 40M btu burner will do it now. It's simple to check the output temp...
  2. S

Water Heater as source for Baseboard Heat

High temperature is required since the baseboard is a convector. You cant get the temperature from the tank because the pump destroys the stratification of the water, the water around the sensor remains warm and the burner wont fire. Turn the pump off or set it at the lowest speed and...
  3. S

Hot water heater as a boiler?

blankets the problem apparently occurs because the pump causes the water in the tank to mix rather than stratify--thus the temp of the water around the sensor is warmer than it ought to be and the burner wont fire. I already have a 6" blanket around the top and none near the bottom to cool...
  4. S

I'm glad I didn't suggest that brooder lamp. It's single digits outside, my heater is set at max, just before the burner fires the temp into the radiator is 123 the return is 98, after it runs awhile it levels at about 135 and 105. I need it to run hotter but the factory thermostat just...
  5. S

My systems have been in place in my residence and my cottage for almost 20 years. My residence is basically unoccupied for 5 months. I have no known problems with bacteria. The pump in one is located in the cold water line that feeds the heater and the kitchen without even a monoflo T and there...
  6. S

I have an old kitchen faucet in reserve to use as a mixing valve. As yet, with anti scald showers and one handle faucets, I havent seen a need. Yes, but I dont understand why you have to transfer the same amount of heat in the same time--that's what a tank is for. If I have a problem...
  7. S

I've heard that too, when the water is not moving. My heater operates as a basic air conditioner when it's not heating by piping new street water thru it. All I have owned say 160 at the top end. Why is 130 dangerous? I dont understand that. I guess that would depend on the volume...
  8. S

My system is not closed. Anti freeze is not necessary and air leaves via the domestic hot water taps.
  9. S

I came across this discussion by chance and cant help commenting. I live on the shore of Lake Ontario and have used a 30 gal 30000 btu water heater for all my heating and domestic needs in an 1100 sq ft home with minimal insulation, for well over 10 years. The notions of inefficiency are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks