Search results

1. ryan100

Septic gas belching past full p-traps/ Septic tank drainfield failing? Venting issue?

Inspecting the line That's what I was afraid you were going to say (regarding fixing the pitch of the line.) That entire length of pipe (30' or so) is under a poured slab. Ouch. I guess getting somebody out with a camera to inspect the line will be the next logical step.
  2. ryan100

Septic gas belching past full p-traps/ Septic tank drainfield failing? Venting issue?

Yes, some water is standing in discharge line out to septic. Hmm, based on what you've both said I guess you might be interested to know one detail I left out of my update. When we uncovered the tank fully this time, the backhoe operator and my father immediately noticed that the line running...
  3. ryan100

Okay to install elbow at septic tank inlet baffle? If I could revise the title of this thread it would be appended to say: The Nightmare Continues. I'd like to report that I have just installed 2 vents on my septic tank (just outside the tank at the inlet and outlet) and still have noxious...
  4. ryan100

It's time for springtime septic digging Hello, everybody, I'm coming out of hibernation. Better weather is right around the corner here in Illinois and my father and I will be digging out all 3 access portals to my septic tank and also uncovering the distribution box to inspect the system to...
  5. ryan100

Follow up to responses cwhyu2: I did have the tank pumped about 3 months ago, and didn't have the access hatches near the outlet and inlet uncovered and opened. I learned later (and especially now) that this was critical. Mikey: The roof vents are all clear. I had a hose (fast stream of...
  6. ryan100

Split level house in the country--approximately 30 years old Septic system--1500 gallon tank I've lived in house while renovating for about 2 years. My parents owned it previously. House was unoccupied for approximately 5 years to me moving in and renovating. First noticed very strong septic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks