Search results

1. E

lack of hot water in shower

After cleaning out valve as best I could. It didn't appear I did anything to say I didn't visually see any trash come out. However, there was a slight improvement in temperature. As I was in my crawl space following lines to check for an inhouse shutoff to the shower. I found a shut off for...
  2. E

tried that and i'm still getting 20F difference between the sink and shower 130F vs' 110
  3. E

disc type fixture OK i have opened the fixture up. It seems I have a disc type valve. I don't see too much inside the cartridge. May it help to flush water through the fixture with this part removed? If there is trash in the hot water line? I just replaced the hot water heater so I have...
  4. E

pics of valve Here are a couple of picture of what I can see. There is a screw that can be adjusted to limit the handle turn towards the hot water. It is allowing a full turn. If I remove the 4 screws and remove the grey cone shaped piece there, will I expose the cartridge? Will I be able...
  5. E

I can't get the file small enough to upload a picture. If you can offer any advice without knowing the brand or seeing a pic I woud appreciate it or if you can send me to a link where I may find the type that i have.
  6. E

I can't seem to find a brand name on it anywhere. I pulled the handle and trim off and the connection for the handle comes out of a grey cone shaped part that is attached to brass by 4 screws. I am assuming that the valve is in the grey piece or in part of the brass. I have a small opening to...
  7. E

I have a lack of hot water in my shower...we have a single handle valve. It does't pull out it swings counterclockwise from cold to hot, so I'm not sure if this is a cartridge type or not. You can shower with it all the way on hot and still only get a warm shower. the hot water in a sink a few...
  8. E

polybutylene fittings

Ok, i can rent a crimper locally. I have 3/4"CTS are the crimp rings sized as what size pipe they are used for or do I need for example a 7/8"ring for a 3/4" pipe? I want to crimp in a 3/4" male adapter to connect flexible copper hose to for a water heater. Any tips you can offer? Also...
  9. E

polybutylene fittings

crimp tool I think the crimp tool can be rented locally I have been told at least. I heard the crimping tool had to be calibrated?? Is the crimping tool easily used.
  10. E

polybutylene fittings

I have been reading about PB the last couple of days and trying to figure out the bestway to make some connections. I am a relatively new homowner. I have PB throughout the house with all copper connections. Which I gather is one positive thing. I need to replace the water heater. The...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks