Search results

1. cc_rider

Noobie with question on system design...

I hadn't even considered 3/8" tubing: I just assumed it was too small to meet code. I'll check it out: it makes more sense than 1/2", particularly on the HW side. I'd be happy to run a bunch of little lines: like you said, it'll make a HUGE difference in how fast I get hot water! Even if I...
  2. cc_rider

Thanks Jim! The main was replaced when my garage/studio was built, so it's all good. Right now I have all the house water supply running through a filter system: two 20" canisters, one sediment, one charcoal. The charcoal filter has something like 8 gpm capacity, but I didn't notice any...
  3. cc_rider

Intermittenet problem

Well, here's my marginally-educated guess: the thump after flushing is most likely due to 'water hammer', which can happen whenever there's a sharp change in water pressure, such as flushing a toilet. The fastest/cheapest way to address the issue is to reduce the speed at which your toilet...
  4. cc_rider

Cast iron vs PVC sanity check

I'm not an expert, don't play one on TV, and didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. But in my (limited) experience, plumbers seem to prefer NOT to replace CI stacks unless absolutely necessary. If the joints are good, and there's no cracks, misalignment, settling, whatever, the...
  5. cc_rider

Thanks Zhomes! Okay, I'm with you on the PEX, that's pretty much the answer(s) I expected. Now on the runs: so if you have a bath (tub, lav, wc) you run three CW and two HW runs from your manifold, even if it's pretty far away? Does that eliminate getting scalded or frozen in the shower if...
  6. cc_rider

You guys give the best plumbing advice, what do you know about this?

You'll be happy you went ahead and did it right. My ex was in a bicycle accident and broke tib/fib and collarbone, which means a wheelchair for six weeks minimum. Her co-workers built a ramp at our house! Nice folks. Anyway, you may discover that sturdy ramp comes in handy for more than just...
  7. cc_rider

Hello All, Forgive my new post, but 'search' didn't turn up much. Yet. Here's the story: 1922 bungalow needs all new plumbing. Existing is galvanized. Plumber recommends NIBCO PEX and Viega fittings. Do I need Ox-barrier PEX? Pex-Al-Pex? Pex-Al-Pex is probably not necessary since it'll all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks