Search results

1. Scottg

Domestic Hot Priority

Thank you so much for the reply and info!! The boiler is set at 160 and I understand the need to protect from scaling temp. The only real concern are sinks, as all showers have thermostatic mixing valves. We've had this setup, except for the mixing valves, since we purchased the house in...
  2. Scottg

Domestic Hot Priority

Thank you all for the replies. There is no space in the boiler room to add a storage tank without relocation the boiler. That is a job I'm trying to avoid. I was considering a flow switch, as Fitter30 suggested, but didn't know if that was a reasonable solution. The dhw is 1/2" copper. Is...
  3. Scottg

Domestic Hot Priority

The Taco control is not yet installed, but it will only prioritize circulating pumps. The domestic hot is provided through street pressure, not a circulator. I guess another way of asking my question is, "how can I let the Taco controller know I'm using hot water so it can inhibit heating by...
  4. Scottg

Domestic Hot Priority

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I've looked and can't find an answer. We're on Long Island and have a Thermo-Dynamics S-series boiler that provides baseboard heating plus domestic hot through a hot water insert. There is no hot water storage tank. We moved in 25 years ago and...
  5. Scottg

Pressure Drop Across Thermostatic Mixing Valve

Thank you for the reply, but unfortunately that will not work. I do not have hot water running near the hose sillcock. In order to get to the area of the sillcock, I would have to tear down a finished wall and also work in around the oil tank. There is limited, if any, space to maneuver...
  6. Scottg

Pressure Drop Across Thermostatic Mixing Valve

I’m remodeling my laundry room and this space feeds a hose bibb that is used for washing cars, cleaning tools, etc. My location is NY, so it gets cold here. Washing road salt off the cars and cleaning tools after tiling last winter was quite painful. I’m considering changing out the...
  7. Scottg

Leaky Brushed Nickel Nipples

I’m finishing a bathroom remodel and am, having a problem installing the supply nipples for the water closet and lav. I have drop elbows in the wall and am using 1/2†brushed nickel nipples with 1/2†brushed nickel threaded angle stops. I’m having difficulty getting tight joints. I’ve...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks