Search results

1. Larry4

Horizonal Wet Vent??

Im up north. I think I may be overkilling the venting if that way is ok. The only thing is that if he has his WC before his lav wont that pull on the trap water if its so close??
  2. Larry4

Horizonal Wet Vent??

Hi all, its been a while. I think I may be laying out my bathroom groups the hard way. I saw a job today were the plumber was laying out the entire group using a single 3" vent on back end of drain line running through the bathroom. He brought the 3" vent down from roof and 90 under bathroom...
  3. Larry4

Pex tubing water amount??

Thanks for all the info. I was asking because I am installing a pex floor system in an addition. I wanted to check the amount of water in the tubing to make sure I have plenty of capacity in the storage tank. This is my third and largest job of this kind. The others have worked out...
  4. Larry4

Pex tubing water amount??

Does anyone know how many feet of 1/2" pex does it take to hold 1 gallon of water?? kinda crazy question but cant fig it out.. Thanks Lar
  5. Larry4

Using a 3"san. Tee

I am using the san tee upright with flow comming into the top ( not horizonal, I wouldnt do that). I normally use a wye with a street 45 to bring the angle up to a 90. This may be fine to use. I was told always to use wyes not san tees. The san tee is a much lower profile than the wye with a...
  6. Larry4

Using a 3"san. Tee

I Have one tight tie in on the job. They are finishing the basment and have to keep a new 3" soil line up in the joist bay. I normally use a combo wye and eigth bend to tie in, but this will bring me down too low. How much would the inspector frown if I drop one branch into a 3" san. Tee. The...
  7. Larry4

Plumbing drainage question

OK Thank for the info. Not to try and grossly over simplify drain and venting, but to help me better understand it. Given that you use the proper size drain line in (FU) and grade properly. If you are running a horizonal or vertical soil line in residential work, can you tie in all your fixtures...
  8. Larry4

island vent

thank You!
  9. Larry4

island vent

I will be plumbing in one island sink with a disposal attached. The island is only 6 feet horizonally from soil line below floor. If I oversize the drain below to 3" to the soil line will that act like a combo waste and vent. I was going to ask the inspector but didnt know if it was a total no...
  10. Larry4

Plumbing drainage question

Hi all. I was always told never to plumb in a minor fixture under a major fixture(2nd floor toilet over first floor lav) If the first floor lav is seperatly vented up to and above the higest fixture is it ok to do. What exactly do they mean by this?? Thanks for your help. Lar
  11. Larry4

2nd floor bathroom rough in question

Hi all. I have a new 3" PVC horizonal soil line running under a new bathroom. The soil line runs 13 Ft and long sweeps down to basment 4" line and wyes in. My question can I Wye in to that 3" line along the way and pick up my bathroom fixtures as I go. 1-toilet, 1-shower, 1- lav, 1- shower...
  12. Larry4

close venting????

I was wondering. I have always been told in venting that air should follow water to protect the trap. Why is it I see vents up to the allowable distance after the trap in some cases. Does it still protect well? Is close still good? Lar
  13. Larry4

Question on residential soil stacks

Thanks Redwwood. Im going to look tommorow if I can find another bay to get the upper toilet down seperatly. Lar
  14. Larry4

Redwood thank you for you reply and diagram. To take this a step further, I did intend to vent all other fixtures below the second floor toilet. I will be bringing all other fixture vents up above the flood level of that toilet on the second floor and connect them to the portion of the soil...
  15. Larry4

Hello all. I have a 2 story residence with one bathroom above the other. both toilets wind up in same line top and bottom. can I discharge both toilets into the vertical soil stack? The stack is 3". The soil stack turns into a vent stack above the top bathroom and goes outthe roof.
  16. Larry4

help on venting a shower base

Thank you for your input. OK to make sure i understand. I have a fiberglass shower base. I am going to trap below the subloor in basement. About 1.5' down from trap im going to install a 2" wye with a street 45 angled above the centerline of waste pipe. From there im going to come back past the...
  17. Larry4

help on venting a shower base

I am installing a shower base on first floor with trap below in basement joist. How can you vent if there is no intersecting walls in the same joist line heading towards the soil line? The code states that you cannot run any vent horizonal until you are 6" above the flood level. Thanks for...
  18. Larry4

Plumbing in new addition question.

Hi, Larry here. Im starting the plumbing in a new addition. Im asking if I can vent a shower stall and toilet with a 2" vent. The shower stall and toilet line up in the same basment joist bay 7.5' apart. I was going to come down the back wall with the vertical 2" dry vent which goes directly...
  19. Larry4

Old Fashioned Rasied tank style toilet

Has anyone ever installed one of these? What a nightmare. Mount tank up high. connect prebent tubes from tank to toilet (must be dead on). Water supply the same. The thing I dont understand is the 1.5" drain tube from tank to toilet connects in the back of the toilet with just a rubber style...
  20. Larry4

What is with the hot water coils?????

Third service call this week for over engineered systems. Can someone explain to me why in world do some Co's install hot water coils in air handler units. Here they put in boilers, then boiler mates, then holding tanks for more hot water, then run copper to the water coils in the A/H units...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks