Search results

1. KeithA

? about new water heater. No rotten egg smell?

Our stinky hot water is about 95% reduced since installing the anode (no problems on the cold water side). The main issue here is I still have well water with SRB (and IRB), so until I can treat the source, I can't eliminate the problem. About once every 2-3 weeks, I add a couple hundred...
  2. KeithA

An update a month later - the rotten egg smell started to come back, although at a much lower level than before. I dumped a bottle of hydrogen peroxide into the tank and it cleared it right up again. I expect there is a significant biofilm still in the hot water tank, so perhaps that will die...
  3. KeithA

I have not used this for any length of time, but just installed on this week. We just moved to a farm on a well, and had very stinky hot water. The hot water heater is only about 18 months old. I pulled the anode out and dumped a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in the tank and put a bull plug in...
  4. KeithA

TOTO Eco Drake HET Watersense toilet review and comments. EcoDrake

Is that wholesale or something? Calgary appears to be at least twice that price!
  5. KeithA

TOTO Eco Drake HET Watersense toilet review and comments. EcoDrake

You're doing better than I am! Who did you check with? I'm waiting a call back on Monday from Bathrooms by Design as their catalog didn't even have the Eco-Drake, however, I'm not holding out any hope as the regular Drake was $550. I have 4 toilets in my house to replace (from 13Lpf) and I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks