Search results

1. R

Really bonehead move... now I need to remove PEX from a manifold

HJ... To set the record straight, the pipes were the first ones on the manifold! It was late in the day, I was craving Miller time, it was hot in the joist space, the sun was in my eyes... lol Thanks for the tips folks - I'll do the hacksaw thing and move forward. Thanks again! Rick
  2. R

Really bonehead move... now I need to remove PEX from a manifold

Been lurking here for a while, never posted before. Excellent info and some great folks! Yesterday, I pulled a bonehead move. I was in the basement ceiling hooking PEX up to hot and cold manifolds when I realized I had connected one blue pipe on hot and one red pipe on cold. It was late, I...
  3. R

Best option for spa wiring

Except, in this case, the electrician would have to be the tallest man in the world. My deck is 9' above ground... :eek: Rick
  4. R

We're not debating slavery or child/spousal abuse, we're talking about a set of codes that have been the de facto minimum standard for many years. Perhaps you need to clarify your original statement - are you advocating using the code as a "guideline" and using your intuition to adjust as you...
  5. R

680.42 Outdoor Installations. Electrical installations for outdoor spas or hot tubs must comply with Parts I and II of this article, except as permitted in the following: (A) Flexible Connections. Listed packaged spa or hot tub equipment assemblies or self-contained spas or hot tubs are...
  6. R

I guess we'll agree to disagree. If you're comfortable installing non compliant projects, so be it. If the day comes when it comes back to bite you, you'll understand why the code was there. The best analogy I can think of is the tax code. A lot of it is bull, but if you don't play by the...
  7. R

As stated directly in the code - you need to follow the other sections of the code, except where the code is overidden by section 680. Yes, my deck is attached to the house. Rick
  8. R

Actually, this whole thread is not about following the code to the letter. It was to solicit feedback on how to solve my problem. Personally, I don't care about why I can use NM sleeved outside - I just ain't gonna do it. And, if licensed electricians are advocating doing something that...
  9. R

OK then. Perhaps a better term is "Certifiable"? :D I try to do the same as you do with the code book. I've found in my area (SE Wisconsin) that different municipalities use different flavors of the book, and some inspectors seem to get "creative" with the code as well. I'm just trying to...
  10. R

Thanks for the feedback. My panel is indoors, in my basement. Joists are exposed and running romex can be easily done through the basement over to where I have to exit the house. I'll see if I can get a couple of pics together or sketch something up. Might make things easier. Thanks...
  11. R

You know, it's very interesting to hear all of the interpretations of the code, or at least the personal liberties taken with the code. I'm not looking to violate anything, and I certainly do not want an unsafe condition where I'm worried every time my wife or I hop in the tub. But the...
  12. R

Chris, Appreciate the link. I'll read through code 680, and check with my local inspector to see if I need to do anything special to comply here. Rick
  13. R

Folks, I've done a number of wiring jobs where everything was indoors and I only had to deal with romex. But running a circuit for a hot tub is throwing me for a bit of a loop. My investigation shows that I can't run romex inside liquid-tite, but I certainly can run that indoors. How...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks