Search results

1. WestcoastPlumber

Where can I get a Bradford White gas water heater to install myself?

When your in a 24 x 24 cabinet or room, especially one with a shed outdoors, it is impossible to add an expansion tank, unless you do it ont he exterior, and it will look horrible. Most of the vents are plumbed right dead center middle, no room for sure.
  2. WestcoastPlumber

Expansion tanks and drip legs aere in local code here, but rarely installed. I am installing a expansion tank on my remodel, but most of the changeouts I do, there is no room in the shed, or the space allocated for the heater.
  3. WestcoastPlumber

Cracked galvanized pipe

cut and re-thread. When I plumbed in a state with a frost level, I used to install frost free hydrants. the water is actually turned off at the bottom of the unit, far undergroung where it ties in. expensive replacement with your depth, but it will be the last time you ever do it. Or...
  4. WestcoastPlumber

Sawzaw safety

Maybe a worm drive??? I had an accident with a sawzall, it was 3am, tired and reaching above my head to cut a vent, to lazy to get a ladder, my finger slipped and got caught in the shaft of the sawzall, went in behind the nail and pulled forward. It took 6 months for the little front nail...
  5. WestcoastPlumber

Sewer Gas Problem

Are you double bolting the closet bolts, once to the flange and then once to the toilet, using your bolt caps and caulking??? This must be because of improper installation, if the flange is 1/4" above the tile, it is proper, and wax is the only sure thing to work. Fluidmaster has some...
  6. WestcoastPlumber

Very Slow Tub Drain (Vent/S-Trap)

the trap arm needs to remain at a 1/4" per foot to the tie in, or santee, or stack, yours being 4" You cannot drop or raise a trap arm in any way. if you need to go under, then go under, the tailpiece connecting to the w/o, which is the verticle part can be long. just don't drop or...
  7. WestcoastPlumber

He should have had final inspection by now:mad: I wonder if it passed??:confused::confused: did it? did it? if it didn't, it won't be a suprise, atleast come back and tell us, and then attach a pic of the corrected version.;)
  8. WestcoastPlumber

rusted cast iron flange and toilet advice

T o fix it properly, you can drill out the lead and pull the oakum, crack the flange with a cold chisel and remove. Install a cast iron insta set and before pouring back the concrete, drop some screws down to hold it in place. this is the correct way of installation. it will last for...
  9. WestcoastPlumber

Very Slow Tub Drain (Vent/S-Trap)

According to the drawing, you have your trap arm going over 2 ducts, this is illegal and needs to be changed. You are not allowed to have anything from the trap to the santee, this will cause drainage issues because the water travels up and down before even hitting a vent and it will siphon...
  10. WestcoastPlumber

newbie with basic plumbing questions

everything sounds about right, but the gas. my contractors license in california allows me to do gas work also. I do not hold a special license, it was part of the test. I am however certified in different materials used in the field, this is checked by the city I install it in. So, you...
  11. WestcoastPlumber

rough in help. pics included

ben, I don't have the IPC, is it for suds relief??? whats the reason big guy?? 10 pipe sizes, what calc's that out to??? 2" x 10 pipe sizes? would be what? whats the formula????
  12. WestcoastPlumber

Mixet shower valve

take a picture, I had a customer break a mixet off in the valve and he had the water still on :eek: we need pictures:D:D
  13. WestcoastPlumber

Measuring solder

It would take me 5 years to complete a 2 bath re-pipe :eek: when your under a house running pipe, repairing a leak on an emergency shut down for a hospital at 2am, in a confined space, all that 1/2 for 1/2, 3/4 for 3/4 etc goes right out the window. have fun with your hobbie, it sounds...
  14. WestcoastPlumber

Hmmm, 10 pipe diameters...thats a IPC thing, I am UPC. The only thing I could think is that they mean't the sud's relief from the washer???? Here, you need 8'. That would be a great question for Gear, because he is IPC. I have heard about the pipe diameters before, just don't remember...
  15. WestcoastPlumber

Need advice: Would soldering stop this leak?

for the cost of a faucet, under $100.00, your risking a flood when your not home?? bite the bullet and replace the faucet. all the faucets I have seen leak from that area, have been really old and not worth messing with. the leak won't always happen when your home, it's the ones when your...
  16. WestcoastPlumber

LOL, and one more thing I just noticed, take that 4" wye out and install a 4" flat tee or tapped c/o tee, it will hide in the wall with a chrome cover plate that drills into a c/s plug.;) this way nothing is exposed out of the wall.
  17. WestcoastPlumber

Ok then, all the 3" that I said, change that to 4", like 4 x 2, etc. sorry for that. Actually, I will edit my post, looked bigger, but it is hard to tell on the computer:p
  18. WestcoastPlumber

2 way c/o's are a good idea, not really needed in your case because you will have the c/o on the toilet vent, especially if you do it the way I suggested in my last post, with the flat vent right off the horizontal of the toilet, the proper way. UPC requires end of the line c/o's, so UPC...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks