Search results

1. Stacy7

Cast Iron to PVC Shower Drain Fitting

Thanks again for all of the good information. You've given me more to consider and work on, but I want to do the best job I can!
  2. Stacy7

Pic of fitting and hole Here's a photo of what I'm up against. Thanks for your help.
  3. Stacy7

Shower Fitting Underground

Oh, glad I read this before heading out to HD. Let me make sure i understand this. I have hole that is 12" deep. (It's actually 18" to the inside of the bottom of the pvc/cast iron drain.) I'll add sand to the bottom 8", set a 10" x 10" boz of 3/4" plywood over the drain, then pour 4" of...
  4. Stacy7

Hi, Yes it does have a rubber gasket in it. Thanks for the tip on removal and "slipping" it back in. Is a 6" or larger pvc placed over the 2" drain an acceptable way to go? That seems like a method of keeping the clearance. Are you suggesting that the subfloor it sits on should be...
  5. Stacy7

Hi All, I am so thankful for this gathering of folks with such great information, and now I hope someone can help me. I've ripped out the old shower that I used only a few times (5 years of sitting idle) to discover a hole in the concrete foundation about 14" x 20" around the drain. It was...
  6. Stacy7

Shower Fitting Underground

Cast Iron to PVC Shower Fitting Hi All, I am so thankful for this gathering of folks with such great information, and now I hope someone can help me. I've ripped out the old shower that I used only a few times (5 years of sitting idle) to discover a hole in the concrete foundation about 14" x...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks