Search results

1. K

Can crooked shower arm be straightened after tile?

Update We decided to take the advice offered here and stop the project from moving forward. We called in a new plumber and his recommeded tilesetter. They came by and had a look and told us basically what has been told to me here and at johnbridge. We had a disaster waiting to happen. They...
  2. K

Getting a 2nd opinion on-site My husband and I have decided to get another plumber and tile setter over to our house and get their opinions. After reading all of the comments, we do not feel comfortable continuing with this job until the work has been corrected. I have been given so much...
  3. K

preslope? Thank you for jumping in. Can you tell me, just how important is that plastic membrane on the walls behind the cbu. (I assume cbu is cement board?) As I mentioned, it was not installed. Also, would it be ok if they put the 40 mil pvc on the flat cement floor (as has already been...
  4. K

Quality counts Well, I think we should ask the plumber to come back and have another look before the tile goes up. We'll point out our areas of concern and see what he says. I had pointed out the crooked angle previously and he said he fixed it. Later that day, I said it was still crooked...
  5. K

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I am really crummy at guessing things, but my guess is that the angle is off about 15 degrees...? The shower width (before tiling) is only 33 1/2" wide. To extend the aim at which the faucet doodad, pre-fixture, now is aiming, I would have to stand...
  6. K

My first post here.. Maybe I'm being too picky, but I'm trying to avoid any future problems. House built in 1972, first remodel to bath. Totally gutted. Would appreciate any comments/suggestions on the quality of this work. I tend to think it looks sloppy. I posted some photos/comments just to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks