Search results

1. MajMetro

Can I plumb a rear-outlet toilet like this?

Hey there Sjlammer, What did you finally decide to do? Which toilet are you using? How'd it work out?? I have "zero" experience with the rear outflow units, so I'm curious as to others' experiences.
  2. MajMetro

I started a different thread a few days ago, but since I'm here, I'll see if I can finish this up. Bathroom layout. Room is on 2nd floor of 2 story, post and beam where there is no ceiling/floor joists between 1st and 2nd floors. Will need to run vertical waste drain lines on exterior wall...
  3. MajMetro

Okay, so what I guess I was referring to was the Kohler Barrington requires a 4" rough-in. Please forgive me for being such a novice, but I'm concerned like you mentioned above that we do not want to have water standing in any part of the outlet waste drain line. So would a 4x3 Reducing Closet...
  4. MajMetro

I'm trying to work out something similar in my project. Not really happy about using a rear-outlet toilet, but "in theory" it solves most of my problems. With no experience regarding these rear outlet units, would a toilet such as the Saniflo be able to flush cleanly through a 3 in horizontal...
  5. MajMetro

Shower/toilet drain question

Yep, kinda figured what I had come across at an old farmhouse years ago wasn't proper. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see if, by chance, I might be on to something. Thanks for answering so quickly. Mario
  6. MajMetro

Shower/toilet drain question

Working on a second story bathroom for my cabin which is post and beam (no floor joists between first and second floors). Was wondering if this configuration was a workable or even legal? If so, which 90deg elbow (high or low heel inlet) would work? The whole idea is to build a fake...
  7. MajMetro

1-1/2" vs 2" for bar sink?

Thanks HJ. I had read this before somewhere in the forum. Just thought I'd throw it out there and confirm it. Mario
  8. MajMetro

1-1/2" vs 2" for bar sink?

I'm helping a friend with his DWV layout. Looking for a Pro's view on whether we could use 1-1/2" vs 2" on the run from the 10"x12" (no disposal) bar (prep) sink to the 2" kitchen sink line. Note, we have to transition five (5) 2x10 floor joists to access the 2" run. Technically...
  9. MajMetro

Help with 2" Cast Iron Hub - Part 2

Have you folks used the oakum and lead wool to fill in around any of the plastics, like ABS or PVC? Found a company through another forum, Dallas Specialties, that makes a 2x2 XH, what they call a "Spudnut", compression fitting. Am waiting to get their spec sheet with dimensions to see if this...
  10. MajMetro

johnjh2o1, I may give this a try, since the joint isn't going to be subject to undue pressure or having pooled water in this area.
  11. MajMetro

I forgot to mention that I contacted the Fernco rep here in my area. The closest they could come was 2.95" and the next size up was something like 3.6". My CI hub ID is approx. 3-1/4". These are either too small or too large. I can visualize using the "running rope" technique around the...
  12. MajMetro

I'm racking my brains over the same issue as described in another post from this forum.. (Same title, but I don't know how to link threads..) Trying to go from a 2" XH cast iron hub to 2" ABS. The 2" CI hub ID is 3-1/4" and I've been scouring the web for a compression seal/gasket/dognut that...
  13. MajMetro

Washing machine & ice maker boxes by IPS

hj, I know it seems kind of nit-noy, but the Oatley boxes that I find at the big box stores don't have the configuration I'm looking for. I guess I'll buy a blank box and knock out the holes on the top of the box so I can plumb the supply lines from above. I don't care for the Oatley blank...
  14. MajMetro

Washing machine & ice maker boxes by IPS

I'm doing a remodel and want to buy a couple of the IPS Water-Tite boxes. One is a washing machine box, model W4700 TM that has the supply valves mounted on the top of the box and the drain receptacle offset on the bottom. The box comes with chrome 1/4 turn valves. The other box is an ice...
  15. MajMetro

Going vertical from a horizontal waste line

hj Thanks for the reply. I'm working in a 2x10 floor joist bay between the basement and mainfloor of our 1950's ranch. The bathroom is all tile and the wife wants it to remain original. The enclosed 32"x32" shower was framed on all three sides with the studs facing parallel vs...
  16. MajMetro

Going vertical from a horizontal waste line

I'm running a 2" shower drain that plumbed horizontally in a joist bay and want to takeoff vertically with my vent line downstream of my p-trap. Is the fixture I use a sanitary tee on its back with the branch running vertical? A vent tee keeps popping in my mind, but I'm thinking that...
  17. MajMetro

3" ABS to 4" Cast Bell Hub

Hammer and chisel Thanks hj I kinda figured I'd have to take a hammer to it. Notice the hole just to the right of the bolt head. Will try to persuade it a little more by going farther out on the edge of the plug. Just don't want to mess up the female threads.
  18. MajMetro

Cleanout It's either a Wye with an 1/8 or a TY. Can't tell until I remove some more concrete. I'm keeping it as a cleanout and just changing all of the upstream plumbing to ABS. I've attached a picture. The next question - Any suggestions as to how I can free up the threaded brass plug on...
  19. MajMetro

Old toilet on a 3" waste line

3" Thanks hj. Being a jack-of-all-trades and master-of-none, it's always comforting to check with a professional.
  20. MajMetro

I think I found it! I believe Fernco makes what they call a "doughnut". Slip it on the end of the new pipe, clean the inside of the hub, lube the doughnut with soap and plug 'n go. :o
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks