Search results

1. JeffV

Questions about going to 200amp service

I am going to be building a garage addition in a couple months and have a couple questions regarding electrical service. My current service is 100amp (overhead), feeding into the side of my house where the garage addition is going to be built. I put in a work order w/ my power company and they...
  2. JeffV

Toilet flange is level w/ finished tile floor

and not sitting on top of it as it should. Will a normal wax ring fail to seal in this situation (its only 1/4" off), and if so which is the best way to deal w/ this: Stack 2 wax rings Use an extra thick wax ring Use a pvc flange extender Also, are the wax rings w/ plastic horns bad...
  3. JeffV

New basement bathroom - Bad concrete pour?

Moving right along on my basement bath project, the last thing I thought I'd screw up was the concrete patch. - I'm not real sure what to do at this point, but I poured 14 bags of 80lb quickrete and one week later, the finished floor surface is rough and gritty. Anytime I walk on it I kick...
  4. JeffV

Dap-Out or not??

My tub is already set and I'm about to backfill and pour concrete (basement slab). I understand in my area that a dap out and access panel are code if I've got a drain stop w/ the mechanics inside the pipe. I don't have this type of stopper and know that by code I don't need an access panel...
  5. JeffV

Jetting a 47 yr old CI main drain?

My Cast Iron main drain is little more than 1/3 full w/ sediment (per recent camera run down pipe). I've been advised by a local plumbing company that I could have it jetted but I would run a 95% risk of breaking the old CI pipe as the jetting machine runs at 2200 psi. They advised replacing...
  6. JeffV

Significant main drain build up...

Had a camera run down my main to locate it for a new basement bathroom. Starting around 20 feet (still under the slab, but only about 8" from foundation), the drain has significant buildup. It's a 4" cast iron drain and the inside diameter is down to 1.5-2" from the buildup. The house was...
  7. JeffV

Tub Access Panel?

I'm adding a full bath in my basement. The ideal place for the tub is on a side of the bathroom where one end of the tub would be against an exterior wall and the other end against the side of a staircase...neither would allow any access to the diverter or overflow drain if something were to go...
  8. JeffV

Good Plumbing "how-to" book??

I'm going to tackle a basement bath install on my own where I'll be cutting out slab and need to install drain/vent for a toilet, sink and shower/bath. Can anyone suggest a good plumbing "how-to" book? I'd like something that describes and illustrates how to run the drains, how to connect to...
  9. JeffV

Setting toilet on hardwood floor?

I've just remodeled my bathroom and purchased the Kohler Cimmaron. I set it in place last night for a 'dry-run' and it rocks side to side just a bit. I had previously set a toilet in my basement (on ceramic tile) and used the plastic shims to resolve this problem, then caulked around the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks