Search results

1. KirbFeeler

Sweating copper pipe problem

I had this problem a while back due to a leaking main gate valve. My solution was to wrap some bare solid copper wire around a wad of cotton cloth to make a plug,. Slide the plug into the pipe leaving the wire handle sticking out, then slide a valve (or half of a union as I did) over the wire...
  2. KirbFeeler

How to heat copper pipe downstream and non-accessible?

Just let the faucets run a small stream of water during those rare cold snaps, Works great here in the midwest. Or like some one else said make the contractor that made the mess fix the mess.
  3. KirbFeeler

Laundry Room Rough-in

OK guys, Let me see if I have this correct. The rough in pictured in my first post would be code compliant but may not work so well in practice? In the example that Terry shows, the washer trap arm must be re-vented because it is not the highest fixture on the stack? I will have to look into the...
  4. KirbFeeler

Laundry Room Rough-in

Not sure yet. It will be a few weeks before I can get into the house and get some measurements but I think the sink will be rite next to the washer. Thanks for the help.
  5. KirbFeeler

Laundry Room Rough-in

Hello all, what a great site and a good bunch of people here. Let me start by saying thanks for all that I have learned from just reading here. Well any way the reason I decided to post is to see of some one could clear up some rough in details for me. My wife and I are buying and going to move...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks