Search results

1. Marrkk

Q on Waste Pipe Size (3" / 4"?)

U.K fixture As the previous poster said, the U.S. flange is the same for both sizes. The REAL question is what is the size/mounting method of U.K. toilets. I know european toilets are sold here, but are they redesigned for the US market so they fit?
  2. Marrkk

SouixChief hammer arresters?

Air chambers- use in California Thanks for the info, Terry. My brother-in-law and I completely rebuilt his house when it burned down three years ago, and used the air chamber method (undrained) through-out without any comment by the inspectors. This was in Contra Costa County, CA. We use the...
  3. Marrkk

Repair Kit for URC 4022 toilet?

Coast valve P/Ns UR109 & UR246 Bill (Coast)just called me back. The Coast part number for the inlet valve foe a URC 4022 toilet is UR109. The part number for the float valve is UR246. If you need the float valve, an alternate is a generic Coast part number 1B1X available at ACE Hardware...
  4. Marrkk

Terrazzo Shower Base Installation

Cracking Terazzo Pan Terry -the terazzo pan that cracked - did you set it in mortar or sand? I've talked both to my supplier's rep (Florestone) and another Terazzo supplier (Acorn) and the both want a base material. I suggested to Florestone that I simply replace the subfloor with a piece of 1...
  5. Marrkk

Shower/Comode Plumbing Plan?

Separate branches You're right Terry- makes much better sense - guess that's why you get the big bucks and I sit here wondering if the wonder bread will hold off the water until I can get the tie in joint soldered. I am currently adding a shower, tieing it in to what was a lav drain (luckily...
  6. Marrkk

Coast foundry Here's the contact info for Coast foundry: Coast Foundry & Manufacturing 2707 North Garey Avenue Pomona, CA 91767 Phone: (800) 521-4021 (In California: (800) 482-4911) Fax: (909) 596-2650 Ask for Bill Wallace I've talked to Bill, and he's trying to find info on the...
  7. Marrkk

Anti-hammer Daining The first part is theoretically true (due to high points between the drain point and an area to be drained). However in practice, most anti-hammer pipe sections are high in a wall, and would drain even if water did not completely drain in piping directly below (the water...
  8. Marrkk

Furance pilot goes out frenquently in cold days

Replace w/ pilotless? Have you checked with the manufacturer? Is there a way to convert to a pilotless ignition? Since the house is unattended, this would also save on the gas consumed by the pilot. Most pilotless ignitions today are pretty reliable.
  9. Marrkk

Clarification - vent To clarify my previous post, the vent would connect upward from the top of the san tee
  10. Marrkk

Comments on Latest diagram Can't see an obvious violation, but if you have enough underfloor room, why don't you shorten the shower tailpiece and bring a 2" (rather than 3') shower trap arm over from the trap into a 2" vertical san tee, and connect the tee downward into the main drain ahead of...
  11. Marrkk

q on rebuilding tub surround

Door Jamb & Outlet boxes Most wood window manufacturers (even high end such as Marvin) simply extend out the jambs with wood strips (1/2 x 1/2, 3/4 x 1/2, etc - "jamb extenders" they call them) if you order wider than standard (4 9/16") jambs. I don't know why you couldn't do the same with your...
  12. Marrkk

Urc URC stands for Universal Rundle Corp., now part of Crane. Go to Craneplumbing.com, click on "Contact information", select "wholesale" and find the rep for your part of the country. He/she should be able to point you in the right direction.
  13. Marrkk

Hammer Arrestors If you do need hammer arrestor, the old fashioned method of installing a 12 to 18" section of capped pipe above the outlet (using a tee in the vertical orientation) does the job. The beauty is that it has no moving parts to wear out (it works by trapping a cushion of air in the...
  14. Marrkk

Fixed but not Solved

Removing seats Seats are usually easy to change. The hard part is finding the correct replacement. Home Depot/ Lowes are poor choices - they stock only fast movers, and the staff is not usually knowlegeable on the "innards" of fixtures. You need to go to a good local plumbing supply with an...
  15. Marrkk

Terrazzo Shower Base Installation

I'm planning to install a 42" x 36" terrazzo shower base (receptor). The manufacturer calls for it to be installed over a grout or plaster base, insuring even weight distribution to prevent cracking (other manufacturers list sand as an acceptable base). The sucker weighs 365 lbs! Any...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks