Search results

1. tilelayher

Why do sink traps leak?

I find and plumbers tell me that 1 1/4" traps always leak or its a roll of the dice. Any tricks? Sometimes I replace em and they are fine other times they leak at the unions and I have to use teflon tape on the threads. Why? Is it because its made in China crap?
  2. tilelayher

Is this kosher?

I am helping a friend who bought a house with the plumbing. I love to plumb when I don't set tile and have gotten pretty good. Is it kosher to install a 4" pvc soil adapter into a cast hub pack it with oakum and then pour a lead joint and pack that? Well I did and its rock solid. Also when...
  3. tilelayher

2 questions

OK, first off happy new year. I put a tub in for a friend today and installed an american standard mixer valve soldered everything in and wanted to test it out. Well I tuned it on and nothing worked made sure that the water was on. But he doesn't have a hot water line setup through the house...
  4. tilelayher

Street Flange Question

Hello guys, I know I'll get ripped on by someone I always do when I post here. I am doing a bathroom over and the existing closet flange will be too low its CI. I am going to break the flange off with my grinder and but a spacer in and then put my wetbed in to level the floor prolly a 2" bed...
  5. tilelayher

condo w/ no water shutoff

I am going to do my kitchen over soon complete tearout drywall everything. Now i am going to do a new dishwasher and sink and new shutoffs the copper is like green and corroded under the sink. Right now the shutoff valves are blue Nibco's with bleeders and a couple months after i moved in i...
  6. tilelayher

How to lead a cast iron closet flange

I jumped over here from john bridge, i busted out my old ci closet flange because i needed to raise the height up because i am throwin a new tile floor in, i am stubborn and want to lead the new one in myself. I picked up a new ci 4x3" flange and a ladle some lead and some oakum. im going to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks