Search results

1. Fubar411

Small bathroom DWV

This is my 2nd floor bath. I'm hoping to do the following, but I wasn't sure if this fitting can be used. It is the 90 3x3x2 with the 2 coming in on the corner. All fixtures are within 3 or 4 feet of each other. Thanks! Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk...
  2. Fubar411

Recommendation for residential gas water heater

Doing my parents' water heater, gas is available. What is preferred these days that is available to a consumer? I know to avoid the big box stores, but don't want to break the bank. Thanks, Rob
  3. Fubar411

Multi-head showers

I'm installing a multi-head shower at my sister's this weekend, marketing says it is a vertical spa. The install directions are pretty specific about balancing loops and placement. I've read on here that the loops aren't always necessary, but it isn't that much more work at this point. Moving...
  4. Fubar411

3/4" cross

I'm putting in a moen vertical spa, and according to the directions, I use the one output plugging the bottom outlet) from the 3371 valve and have it feed three 3/4" volume valves. Theres only a picture, but it looks like I'll need a 3/4" copper cross, which I found for $20 at the local...
  5. Fubar411

High quality shower valve

I was wondering what the recommended shower valves are? I have heard mostly Moen and Delta on here, but which specific lines? I'm looking for shower only (no bath), with a classic chrome look to it. Thanks in advance, Rob
  6. Fubar411

Toilet flange to street 90

Will it work ok to have a toilet flange go immediately into a street 90? Second bonus question: When running supply lines horizontally along a wall, how high do you run them and what gap between them? Thanks, Rob
  7. Fubar411

Please assist me design DWV for two bathrooms and laundry

First off, I wanted to thank Terry and the members of this site that dispense so much useful info for free. My sincerest thanks for the help I have already received. I'm a computer guy that is handy, moreso with electricity, but a man has to know his limitations. My sister helped me out...
  8. Fubar411

What is your preferred way to have a main supply drain?

I recently had my lateral water main replaced with 1" copper. I was very happy with it, except they put a gate valve (I know, code) and just followed the goofy way my water supply was originally designed. I was going to take some time and straighten some things out, and figured I'd ask if...
  9. Fubar411

AO Smith Vertrex

Hello, My sister's electric water heater is needing replacement. Currently, only electric is run to the area, but natural gas is available. As there is no chimney nearby, I was considering installing a water heater with a power vent. I saw the Vertrex on Jay Leno and thought it was...
  10. Fubar411

I hate shower diverter "valves"

When taking a shower, I really, really hate the gate valve thing that stops most of the water at the tub spout and forces it up to the shower head (forgive me if I don't have all the terms correct) Why did we ever get away from having a third handle - aside from the non-anti scald benefits...
  11. Fubar411

Help removing a shower valve stanadyne

I'm having a slow drip from my shower head. I removed the handle and probably need to replace some rubber. How do I pull this out?
  12. Fubar411

Using plastic/vinyl 1/4" for hot water to humidifier

Ok, I think I may have figured it out. After twice having my basement sprayed with hot water, are you not supposed to use vinyl for hot water? I installed a whole house humidifier a couple weeks ago, and everything was ok when it wasn't running much (we had a couple weeks of warm, high humid...
  13. Fubar411

Hooking RO filter inline

Can I do this? I have 3/4 copper, then transition to 1/4 adapter to plastic tubing. Then into the reverse osmosis system. Then, go back to copper plumbing (existing) for white refridgerator box.
  14. Fubar411

Large or small basin for waste disposal

I'm putting in a new 44" sink. It is one that has the smaller basin and the larger basin. Which one gets the waste disposal?
  15. Fubar411

saddle valve on black pipe

I'm helping my soon to be ex-wife move into her new rental house. For the gas dryer, it has what looks to be a big zinc saddle valve with a copper line coming off of it. The line is about twice as big as a water supply for an ice maker. Would this be enough to supply gas for a modern day...
  16. Fubar411

Is it a "hot water heater" or a "water heater"

Had this going back and forth with a buddy at work (non-plumbing profession). He says it is wrong when people say "hot water heater" b/c you don't heat hot water. Makes sense. I argue it is a "hot water heater" because you have the hot water and the cold water sides of your plumbing system...
  17. Fubar411

1 1/4" drain to 1 1/2" wall inlet

I'm putting in a new lavatory sink. The sink has a 1 1/4" drain and the wall has a 1 1/2" inlet. What is the best way to do this? I bought a new 1 1/2" P trap, but the 1 1/4" drain seems to float in it. Obviously, L0wes was not much help. I will be hitting a plumbing supply store tomorrow.
  18. Fubar411

My bathroom remodel, WC venting and waste prevension plan

Okay, I've been watching this forum for awhile, and many questions have been answered. I haven't seen my particular question. I am doing a bathroom with laundry in my house. I get a little confused with the venting requirements on the toilet and how to connect it into the waste. The sink and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks