Search results

1. Fubar411

Small bathroom DWV

I have a vent for the shower already, sorry it wasn't pictured. So if I WYE between the toilet and the drain it should be ok? Just abandon the 90 with the side inlet? Thanks! -Rob
  2. Fubar411

Small bathroom DWV

Now where is the fun in that? Do they make WYEs that have a street bend type ending at the base? This is going to be tight. Thank you for your reply!
  3. Fubar411

Small bathroom DWV

This is my 2nd floor bath. I'm hoping to do the following, but I wasn't sure if this fitting can be used. It is the 90 3x3x2 with the 2 coming in on the corner. All fixtures are within 3 or 4 feet of each other. Thanks! Helpful Plumbing Hints for Residential Construction by Bert Polk...
  4. Fubar411

Recommendation for residential gas water heater

Are either made in the USA? I am currently looking at Rheem 42VR50-40F High Efficiency Natural Gas Water Heater, 50 Gallon, but reviews say Mexico.
  5. Fubar411

Recommendation for residential gas water heater

Doing my parents' water heater, gas is available. What is preferred these days that is available to a consumer? I know to avoid the big box stores, but don't want to break the bank. Thanks, Rob
  6. Fubar411

How to go from 1/2" copper to 1/4" compression fitting, with a ball valve inbetween

Funny though Here in St Louis, you can't have your main shut off be a 1/4 turn ball valve. I heard the justification is that would be too hard on the street connections. But hey, it is only the most important shut off in your house, right?
  7. Fubar411

Bathtub trouble with drain

As long as the tub is draining there isn't a "problem", it shouldn't drain into the walls. But look at the diagram provided, this is fairly straightforward. You have a hollow cylinder that blocks the draining from the bottom of the tub, yet always allows water through from the overflow. The...
  8. Fubar411

Multi-head showers

The specs demand/call for 3/4" supply, which I've done, doing the rest in 3/4" isn't difficult. I will use the drop ells as well. The water heater is a 50gal electric that is on its last leg. I'm thinking the AO Smith Vertex...man that looks like a sweet machine.
  9. Fubar411

Multi-head showers

I'm installing a multi-head shower at my sister's this weekend, marketing says it is a vertical spa. The install directions are pretty specific about balancing loops and placement. I've read on here that the loops aren't always necessary, but it isn't that much more work at this point. Moving...
  10. Fubar411

Plumbing a double vanity

Is this on an exterior wall? I'm lazy, I'd be inclined to run the copper in the vanity if it was staying, if not put it in the wall.
  11. Fubar411

Soldering / brazing troubles for tub spout

What people have said before, drain the whole system, clean the inside and out several times over...then clean it again, hit the fitting with heat until the solder starts to stick. There's plenty of videos on youtube.
  12. Fubar411

Bath + Laundry Layout Feedback

Not a plumber and not very knowledgeable... You need 2" for that shower, unless it is a bathtub shower. I think the vent on the cleanout is usless, but I could be wrong. I think you need a 3" vent going out for all of this.
  13. Fubar411

Non standard cast iron pipe size leaking

You're ok, just figure out the true OD of the pipe you have and go to a real plumbing supply store. Also pick up some clamps from the supply store to support your pipes above the PVC, so the PVC isn't carrying the load.
  14. Fubar411

3/4" cross

I'm putting in a moen vertical spa, and according to the directions, I use the one output plugging the bottom outlet) from the 3371 valve and have it feed three 3/4" volume valves. Theres only a picture, but it looks like I'll need a 3/4" copper cross, which I found for $20 at the local...
  15. Fubar411

electrical plan for Kitchen remodel

Buy 12/3 for the countertop circuits, use a ganged 20amp breaker. For the dishwasher/waste disposal, run a 20amp circuit, but break the tab between the two receptacles. Have one receptacle switched for the waste disposal. Consider running 6/4g for the range, electric is nice for the oven...
  16. Fubar411

New Kitchen Gas Line Install

Please remember to use unions.
  17. Fubar411

Kitchen Rough-In Problems

Well, your justification for not taking out the cabinet is that coupling on the PVC. You probably know that you can simply cut that flush and make the hole a little bigger for when the coupling is inside the hole in the cabinet. So realistically, you just don't want to tear into everything...
  18. Fubar411

Plumbing natural gas from meter to range

I'm amazed at how bad the current black pipe fittings and threading are. Not to mention how expensive it is. I picked up 4' of 3/4" for $12 the other day, neglecting to look at the threads. When I got home and took off the plastic ends, the threads had obviously been cut off kilter. I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks