Search results

1. Moontoad

Bathroom vent flapper noise from wind

Magnets! Now that is a clever idea. Thanks.
  2. Moontoad

Good ideas all. Thank you. Thank you Ian, Jadnashua, and Alectrician. You all given me some ideas to explore. I really appreciate all of you taking the time to respond. I'm also considering toying with adding a 120V solenoid and some linkage to my existing fans to control the flapper - open...
  3. Moontoad

Thanks, Verdeboy, but not in this case. The venting through the roof is VERTICAL. Sorry, I should have specified. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Anyone else? I can't believe this hasn't been encoutered and solved many times before.
  4. Moontoad

Thanks, Hube, but not in this case. I actually tried that, but the flapper (plastic) pivots in a vent (plastic pipe) and doesn't actually seat against a flat surface. Anything I came up with to pad it would prevent it from completely closing and just add to the air loss. I'm in Minnesota...
  5. Moontoad

I have a two-year-old home which has vent fans in the two bathroom ceilings. We live in a windy area, and the flabber doors on the fans are often banging open and shut. The noise is annoying, but I'm also concerned about the heat loss in the winter. The fans are vented out the roof through a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks