Search results

1. M

submersible motor control box

End of Story -- after not hearing back from the plumber for almost 2 weeks - called him again and this time at suggestion of woman in office left voice mail expressing my concern over used control box. He showed up at 8:00 am this morning acting "dumb" about box being used - said he never...
  2. M

submersible motor control Is $75 a reasonable amount for what appears to be a 20 year old box? Maybe the insides are rebuilt and it's ok but how do I know if I can't get the plumber to call me back. I wish I could just go to a store and buy one that I know is new and what I need. I guess I'm...
  3. M

The reason I don't want to just let this go is I basically don't trust this guy. Last November I purchased a sump pump( $170) from Home Depot and had a friend put it in. In April( 5 months later) we had a major storm up here and this company came to bail out the water in my basement. Told me...
  4. M

thanks for all your comments. I called the plumber on Wednesday morning - the woman in the office said it was her understanding that the first box put in was a 3/4 HP and he came back to change it to a 1/3 HP. When I questioned why it was a used one (date on box M87) she hemmed and hawed and...
  5. M

thank you for your quick response. I took the box off the wall and looked at it carefully. The Date is M87 - obviously old. There is no relay but it does have a Solid State Start Switch - is that the same thing - worse - better?? I want to get my info and language in order before I confront...
  6. M

Ran out of water on Saturday - plumber finally arrived and replaced the control box - put brand new one in right out of the cardboard box. Water back. Sunday morning at 7:30 am(?!?!?) plumber rang doorbell with a control box in hand to "change" box he had put in. Me half asleep said Okay...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks