Search results

1. sjh

Hot water recirculation pump?

Yes or no? I'm in a 3 bedroom 1 bath house in Southern California. I know it will save water, but what will it do to the natural gas and electric bills? Comfort or dedicated return line? Any and all comments appreciated.
  2. sjh

Please help ID this sprinkler control . . .

My Physical Therapist just purchased a house with this controller. Anyone have an idea on what brand it is? I am trying to find a manual for it.
  3. sjh

OT-water softener discharge vs tree roots?

Does the brine discharge during regeneration have the same effect on tree roots as copper sulfate"
  4. sjh

Raphael replacement for 30 year old faucet cartridge?

Done that 2x in the past and it lasts for a while, but comes back.:(
  5. sjh

Raphael, Update to 30 year old cartridge question?

Assuming that I cannot get replacement parts, would a plumber need to remove the pedestal sink from the wall to replace the faucet set?
  6. sjh

Raphael replacement for 30 year old faucet cartridge?

Brand was Rafale and they have been out of business for years. It is washer-less and leaking through the stem. What do yo think the chances are of finding a replacement that will work when I pull it apart ?
  7. sjh

Air gap vs high line loop dish washer drain . . .

Will a high line loop work as well as an air gap for my dishwasher? Wife does not care what the State of California wants, she does not want a air gap on the countertop!
  8. sjh

Dumb question; countertop hole sizes?

Do faucet, soap dispenser and garbage disposal air switch require the same size hole in the countertop?
  9. sjh

Dishwasher high loop or air gap?

No inspection required per the city; not moving walls, plumbing or electrical. Been in the house 40+ years and never had a drain backup. Guess I will go with the high loop and make the wife happy.
  10. sjh

Dishwasher high loop or air gap?

Is a high loop good enough? Remodeling the kitchen and wife does not want a air gap on the new counters.
  11. sjh

Farmhouse sink . . .

Due to the Kohler foundry in January I am being told by Kohler that the Whitehaven Farm Sink we want will not be available until February or March of 2019; bummer! Spent today at MSI's showroom in Orange, CA. picking out counter top and backsplash material. They had a gray Blanco Silgranit...
  12. sjh

Farmhouse sink . . .

Farmhouse sink; cast iron or fire clay. Going to use a Grohe faucet.
  13. sjh

Farmhouse sink . . .

Remodeling a kitchen is a 50's house. Any differences in brands? Everything else in the house is Kohler.
  14. sjh

Clack WS1 regeneration question . . .

After regeneration it shows 1,000 and (10) days later before a regeneration it shows 300-400 remaining. If I have a house full of guests and water use goes way up, will the valve regenerate before running out of soft water?
  15. sjh

How long before forced regeneration?

1.0cf 0r 1.5cf, do not remember which, with a Clack WS1 valve. Unit was programed (9-1/2) years ago to 15K, 4.5lbs of salt, "P" number 7, hardness of 15gpg and a forced regeneration every (8) days. display shows 1,000 gallons after a regeneration. Unit works fine. Water usage has gone down a...
  16. sjh

Kohler K-3406 San Miguel Toilet fill valve . . .

Is there a Fluid Master or similar fill valve available to replace the Kohler ballcock valve?
  17. sjh

Resin Cleaner?

Brand recommendation?
  18. sjh

Resin Cleaner?

Yes or no? Softener is (10) years old with a Clack WS1 control valve on city water. Just had the whole house re-piped with type L copper. It seems to work as well as it always did. Resin Cleaner or leave well enough alone? Water info: http://www.ci.azusa.ca.us/DocumentCenter/View/33254
  19. sjh

PEX

Got estimates and I think I am going to go with type L copper for the job. More $, but I am more comfortable going with the tried and true standard. Aluminum house wiring also sounded like a good idea at one time.
  20. sjh

PEX

Second pin hole leak in galvanized water pipe in (4) months. House is (64) years old with (1) bathroom. When re-piping with PEX should it be main line and branch like the existing galvanized or should it be installed with a manifold and "home runs" to each fixture?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks