Search results

1. raygunclan

Assistance in picking Softener/Conditioner

That all sounds great! I called the county to find out who tests our well water to know what we need to be filtering out and they sent me a couple of names. I have to say that it is shocking how expensive it is! I will look up the Fleck. I'm not sure what our old guy is but I know it looks...
  2. raygunclan

Assistance in picking Softener/Conditioner

Hey neighbor! We are in your area and I was wondering what you decided to go with. We are on a well and I'm assuming you are on WG city water but since you are local I wanted to find out if you ended up DIYing it or hiring a local company to help. I am much more into the DIY option but my...
  3. raygunclan

Low Water Pressure in Shower/Tub - HELP!

i come to this website whenever i need advice on my old house's plumbing. so when i needed a new showerhead for my 3 daughters' bathroom, i began my research here. this is my experience with takeashower.com's hand held showerhead. i will say that when i read posts written by people who...
  4. raygunclan

help! we need a good showerhead!

ain't that the way, gary. these water restrictors make us end up spending more water just trying to get wet! its the same with the toilets. we end up having to flush twice (although, not since we installed the toto!) and use more water! thanks!
  5. raygunclan

i was thinking (something that doesn't happen often) about buying a showerhead on **** from another country. i wonder if there are water restrictors on showerheads from the uk or canada. sadly, i'm just not bright enough to purchase from japan or germany, or even mexico. jadnashua- we have a...
  6. raygunclan

hello! we are remodeling the bathroom upstairs in our 1925 home. we just replaced the original toilet (YIKES!) and original sink, but are searching for a good showerhead. we don't get great water pressure and we are a family with 3 daughters, all with VERY thick hair, so great water pressure is...
  7. raygunclan

Bubbling toilet

this morning i noticed that the toilet doesn't bubble anymore when we shower, wash clothes, etc. granted, it still doesn't flush, but it doesn't bubble and the sinks and tubs now drain. i think it might be time to call a plumber, unless anyone has any other ideas... :confused:
  8. raygunclan

Bubbling toilet

on saturday, we tried the "stick the hose down the vent and see if it bubbles up (clogged vent) or goes down (not clogged vent)" and it went down. so we rushed to the toilets, excited to see it flush the first, not the twentieth time. but alas, the toilet did not flush and so sunday morning we...
  9. raygunclan

proper way to clear waste vent?

yesterday jadnashua told me that my bubbling toilet may be caused by a clogged waste vent. i did some research and his diagnosis sounds right on the money. my problem is this... how the heck do i do it? i read some places to put my hose down there and flush it out and i read others only do this...
  10. raygunclan

Bubbling toilet

totally possible. handy? we're not. good at coming up with disgusting phrases on a first grade level to describe something disgusting on ANY level? absolutely! now that we have that established... what in the heck is a vent? would that make the toilet bubble anytime any water is being used in...
  11. raygunclan

Bubbling toilet

sounds gross, i know. "poop stew", "stalag-poops", "the incredible poop circus, watch 'em jump", we have 3 daughters and have a hundred more, if you want... whenever we shower, use the sink, washing machine, dishwasher, whatever, the toilet bubble and loses all of the water in the bowl. the...
  12. raygunclan

HOT water in the toilet

if you can't fix the problem, maybe you could patent it and sell it as a "butt facial"! :rolleyes: i'm sorry for that, but i've just flushed my toilet for a half hour straight and can't get "everything" down, so i'm a little punchy. good luck and i sure hope you can find that builder! suzanne
  13. raygunclan

Americast or cast iron tub?

we have an americast sink that has rusted all around the edge. this would maybe be acceptable if it were, oh, say, 100 years old! sincerely, girl who removes rust with white paint :rolleyes:
  14. raygunclan

Bath Tub Drain Removal

now, I am a self (and husband) professed remodel moron, but what about that spray that is supposed to help loosen things up? i read in another thread about removing a shower arm (which I'll be darned if I can do!) that there is a spray (maybe like a heavy duty WD40) that you spray in to loosen...
  15. raygunclan

TOTO soft close, other options?

i had read in some threads (i think it was on this site, but maybe not) that the seat was uncomfortable. again, not a problem for me, but when my hubby asks if we can get tivo in the bathroom, me thinks he is spending too much time on the can! ;) i am excited to have my drake installed, and i...
  16. raygunclan

honestly, i have never seen or heard of toto before yesterday, when i got home from home depot and the guy, even though i told him about my american standard toilet problems, tried to sell me ANOTHER american standard. that's when i started my research, found terry love's site, found out about...
  17. raygunclan

i am cracking up that i have done this much research on the purchase of a... toilet!!! i probably wouldn't have if our american standard, piece of soy bean paste (the pictures are so life-like, except for the stripes!), $300 toilet that i installed last spring had ever flushed completely (and by...
  18. raygunclan

toto soft close, other options?

i am cracking up that i have done this much research on the purchase of a... toilet!!! i probably wouldn't have if our american standard, piece of soy bean paste (the pictures are so life-like, except for the stripes!), $300 toilet that i installed last spring had ever flushed completely (and by...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks