Search results

1. noviceplumber

Replacing second shut off valve

Success removed the meter and then removed the valve. put the new one in and was good to go. Thanks hcj, jad, jimbo and bob for the suggestions.
  2. noviceplumber

its new art hcj! :) Thanks I will try that tomorrow
  3. noviceplumber

Thanks Bob I agree tightening the compression nut is a way to remedy it for now. But I have had two similar nuts in this house fail and am worried this is going too. Each packing material cost 3 bucks and the new valve 6 bucks. Of course this is not including a plumber charge. Despite that the...
  4. noviceplumber

Water meter coupling As I read my orignal post I began to realize that the description of the coupling makes it sound like the valve is right on the meter. But there is a little pipe in between the valve and the meter. Here is the picture at this website...
  5. noviceplumber

hcj thanks HCJ I just saw your reply as I was replying to jad and jimbo. Thanks for the note. I found a valve from home depot which measures 2.5" from end to end which matched the old valve. These are external measurements. I realize that this may not be an accurate way to measure the valve...
  6. noviceplumber

Thanks Jad and Jimbo. I think I understand your points which are: Jim if this valve is shorter than the existing one it will simply not fit. The old valve is 2.5" and the new one is also 2.5". These are just external measurements. Jad I cannot turn the valve anti clockwise to remove it? I...
  7. noviceplumber

I wanted to replace my old washer style shut off vale with a ball valve. The old shut off valve sits on 3/4 piping and is threaded on. On the left it is attached to the feed for the hot water heater and also to the house cold supply. On the right it is attached to the water meter couplings which...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks