Search results

1. Adenwork2

American Recovery and Reinvestment Act and the Buy American Act

The ARRA and BAA include many countries other than the USA. "designated countries qualify as a part of the recovery package. These countries include: World Trade Organization Government Procurement Agreement countries; Free Trade Agreements countries; Caribbean-Basin countries; or one of...
  2. Adenwork2

Toto Aquia dual flush toilet product review, comments and posts.

Quality did go down. Fit and finish and other non cosmetic problems were worse in my newer N.A. built Honda than an old Honda. The new one had the usual routine transmission failure far far below 100,000 miles. Along with many other issues present from the beginning. Dealer claimed no...
  3. Adenwork2

Aquia III for 11.5" rough-in?

Non plumber here with an Aquia II and new flange installed by a licensed bonded plumber. Unfortunately, the newly installed flange of regular painted steel [not stainless] is on the wood floor, below the cerramic tile of the new floor. I did not know any better when it was installed by a...
  4. Adenwork2

Experience with Toto Eco Supreme Round?

Some measurements on a Supreme round front not Eco My not eco Supreme round front is 21 7/8 inches high at the tank from the floor with cover removed. Water in tank is 2 1/4 to 2 3/8 from the top with cover removed. Not exact measurement. The cover is attached to the tank at the back and...
  5. Adenwork2

Fleck 5600 What goes wrong with age? Why is the large knob hard to turn?

My Fleck 5600 Economider is over 20 years old. Every 2 years or so, the large knob on the front is hard to turn. http://cracklecdn.zoovy.lg1.simplecdn.net/img/softenerparts/W200-H150-Bf0f0f0/3414177.jpg I change the piston, seals and spacer kit and until this year, the problem was solved...
  6. Adenwork2

Drake vs Aquia Toto

Have Aquia II, Vespin, Supreme (made in Vietnam). No Drake. Water spot of Aquia II is smallest. Compared to Vespin and Supreme, stool can more easily hit bowl above water spot to make streak more likely in Aquia II without action of water to soak off the streak.
  7. Adenwork2

Toto Ultramax or Toto Aquia

Notes on things not in any specifications. I have an Aquia II, Vespin and Supreme. I find the Aquia II easier to clean on the outside from skirt design. The inside of the bowl gets streaks (streaks of stool) because the water spot is very small. Also, the 0.9 g flush mode does not clean out...
  8. Adenwork2

Commercial Toto

I found the Carusoe somewhat splashy. Splash out of toilet when flushing. Builder installed in a new house when I was visiting. Don't know if has changed since then.
  9. Adenwork2

Ian Gills and his Cadet 3

Yes. Those are the exact part numbers for the AS Cadet 3 RF 10" number 2384010 in the catalog. Nominal dimensions 26-1/4" x17-1/4" x28-7/8". See the link for the spec sheet.
  10. Adenwork2

Shower question, Delta T18 series, good or not?

A question about a shower valve for a remodel. I will be hiring a contractor for all work. The agreed price includes $400 for a shower valve, $350 for each sink faucet, $400 for each toilet. Higher would make the price rise. I want durability, good function, ease of repair and ease of...
  11. Adenwork2

Comment on Toto and a question

I would rather get Toto, but due to lack of space and 10" rough in, I might have to get one Cadet 3 RF. What kind of defects would you look for if you had to get an American Std.? Is it just simple visual inspection for cracks and surface flaws or is there something special to inspect...
  12. Adenwork2

What 10" rough in to get?

I need 3 good performing 10" rough toilets for a remodel. What toilet to get? I have several questions and issues. 10" rough in. Wall to front of bowl dimension. Water supply 5-6 inches from centerline. Price. Do all Toto Unifits perform the same? My old ones are only 10.5". Also, my round...
  13. Adenwork2

Toto or Gerber with 10" rough in

Might want to try before buying. I found the CST 703 splashy. Similar to CST 704. Flushes well, splashes out of the bowl when flushing.
  14. Adenwork2

Razor in toilet

Just finished removing a razor from a toilet. Loads of fun. Plastic disposable but had a larger than usual handle. Someone admitted dropping a razor so at least I had an idea what the problem was. Had to remove toilet. Was afraid to augur it because I did not want the razor to move...
  15. Adenwork2

Help choosing 10" rough-in toilet!

Flush is strong, not as strong as Drake. However CST703 splashes out of the bowl on to the floor when flushing more than most toilets. I don't like splashing.
  16. Adenwork2

Water Hammer when Clothes Washer shuts off water

I have had a water hammer problem for about a year. This started after I had to replace one hose bibb and one water hose to the clothes washer. The hot water hose was fused to the hose bibb. I replaced the cold hose bibb also because the old one leaked and the cold hose just because it was...
  17. Adenwork2

Toilet Refill Valve Comparison

Fluidmaster: I have had the rubber washer inside the black plastic cap at the top of the valve fail at times. Easy to replace. I do have Chloramines in water.
  18. Adenwork2

Best 10" rough in that isn't a Toto

10" rough in. I bought a Cadet round front bowl 3454.016 with a Compact tank, part number not known. This did have a 10" rough in. Not a super performer. It is adequate and I could not wait for something on special order. I bought and installed it the same day I removed the old cracked unit.
  19. Adenwork2

Best 10" rough in that isn't a Toto

Is the CST 704 splashy? Did the CST 704.10B cost anywhere near the list price? I hope not. I found that the CST 703 is rather splashy from the bowl when flushing. Do you notice this?
  20. Adenwork2

American Standard Doesn't Flush -- New House

To improve the flush, make sure the tank water level is the highest possible. Change to a generic flapper or adjust the float on the flapper chain so that the flapper opens longer. Or hold the flush handle manually until the tank is empty. If it is the Cadet non PA bowl, it will fit some...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks