Search results

1. Chel_in_IL

Stuck with how to frame this window out...

I have a split level home (like a raised ranch) and had an extremely rotted window on the lower level that needed replacement. I am working on a remodel project and decided to replace the two double hungs with a smaller single slider from the local Restore. The sill was rotted so it was a...
  2. Chel_in_IL

Proper way to finish basement walls

My home is about 40 years old - it's a small bi-level with a 3/4 finished lower level. I noticed while in a crawl space under the foyer that the walls are spaced out from the foundation about 1-1/2". I thought at first they did this to create a ledge under the windows and maybe for ease of...
  3. Chel_in_IL

The "Messed-Up Plumbing" thread

Thought it might be humorous and entertaining to have a thread to submit messed-up plumbing photos...
  4. Chel_in_IL

Kitchen remodel - venting

As I near finishing my bathroom remodel, I'm starting to think about the mechanics of my kitchen remodel. Here's a Visio of how my kitchen currently is. The former owner added an addition on the house, which is rather small (approx 9x10). He moved the kitchen out into this area. I think he...
  5. Chel_in_IL

Electrical box mess/questions

Hi all, I own a 38 year old home that I am in the midst of remodeling. Almost done with the bathroom gut/remodel, and am going to work on the kitchen next. My question is with the electrical box. Fiance' does electrical work, but didn't know the answers to my questions. The pic is a...
  6. Chel_in_IL

Pinholes in copper vent pipe

I'm remodeling my bathroom all the way down to the studs. I was about to hang another piece of sheetrock, when I discovered corrosion on a horizontal piece of vent pipe. I wiped the corrosion away and found holes, which range from 1/5 - 1/3" in diameter. :eek: This is the top level of the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks