Search results

1. L

minimum distance from shower drain centerline to joist

Thanks. I don't want to notch or trim the joist in any way, as it's only 2x6 (my house was built in 1919). The shower drain in question will be running parallel to the joist within the joist cavity. The shower pan I've chosen says to cut out a 6" circle in the subfloor for the drain. So I'm...
  2. L

minimum distance from shower drain centerline to joist

Hello forum folks. What's the minimum distance to allow between a shower drain's centerline and an adjacent joist? I've read that for the toilet it's 2 1/2" to 3 1/2" from the centerline to a joist. I believe this allows room to place and turn the drain nut. Wondering if it's the same for a...
  3. L

twisted toilet - cause?

Hello there. I just had tenants move out of a rental unit, and discovered that the toilet is twisted. The bolts are still showing through the toilet's bolt holes, but viewed from above, one side of the toilet is about 1/2" from the wall where the other side is about 1 1/2"). The vinyl tiles...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks