Search results

1. S

Taping uneven butt joints!

If I have a drywall butt joint with one side clearly much lower than the other like in the photo, how do I begin? Should I try to bring the low side level with some joint compound before taping so that the tape goes on flat? Or tape right away? The tape will end up like a "stair," though...
  2. S

Tile over or attempt to tape these seams?

Redoing the bathroom and to get the old tub out I had to hack the wall pretty good. See photo. So, I've got almost no drywall taping experience and I'm looking at these joints and thinking if I try it might look pretty bad. One side has fresh drywall and the other a few layers of old paint...
  3. S

Corner bead on tile to drywall transition?

I have an alcove tub surround. On the 90 degree outside edge where the tiled surface will meet the painted surface, how do I treat the joining of the drywall boards... someone told me corner bead will flare out the tile so don't use it... what would I use? Thanks!
  4. S

How to fill drywall gap?

I'm installing a new bathtub and had to bring one wall closer by sistering some new studs into the wall. After putting the Denshield on, I of course now have a gap at the edge of it and my old wall. I have some corner bead to go on the surface, but how should I fill this gap? See photo! Parry
  5. S

Tile to floor on tub surround?

Two questions: 1] should I run the tile of my tub surround down the edge of the tub right to the floor? Or just stop at the tub edge? Is there a right/wrong with this? 2] And what about the top... should I go right to the ceiling? I was going to stop about 1 foot from the ceiling, just...
  6. S

Styrene base over old tile floor?

I have an old tile shower that was leaking and was going to put a new enclosed styrene unit in instead. I'm kind of scared to start jackhammering to remove the base - won't I crack the drainpipe? Would it be OK (or wiser) to leave the old floor in place, extend the drainpipe upwards and put...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks