Search results

1. J

New Water Heater Burping Rust

Figured it out. At long last, a followup to this issue. Well, we had a plumber come out to check the water heater. He wouldn't drive up to look at the water heater. Instead, he stood at the bottom of our hill, and hollered up to us that our water heater was generating gas because of rust...
  2. J

That makes sense. But this is a new water heater...the old one ruptured a couple of weeks ago. I admit that I'm stymied and it's good to recognize one's limitations. It's time to throw in the towel and call in the pro's to look at the whole hot water thing and the well too. Thanks for...
  3. J

Understood. IOW, if the pressure switch is 20 PSI, then the empty tank pressure should be 18. But, would a bad tank cause momentary air belching with rust in the hot water but not the cold? Thanks for the help... J. Bly
  4. J

It was a good suggestion to check the pressure tank, since this was something we were concerned with anyway before the water heater went out. Tonight we just measured the static water pressure at 45 PSI, and the pressure tank is holding steady at 44.5 PSI air pressure when full. So, I'm guessing...
  5. J

Thank you very much for your response. With our low pressure, I've always wondered about the pressure tank, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was leaking. I'll check it out. I still gotta wonder about the brief blast of rust, though.... J. Bly
  6. J

Hello all-- Thanks in advance for any help and insight you can offer. We bought a house that still had an el-cheapo, bottom-of-the-line water heater. No problems until a couple of weeks ago when the tank finished disintegrating and we found ourselves shopping for a new water heater. We...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks