Search results

1. Drivesme

3/8 inch shower arm?

Thanks for the suggestions but I think I have found what I need. A 1/2 female to 3/8 male reducer in chrome from Ace for $15. hj your insults and belittling aside you clearly have no clue. But just for fun why don't you find me a "nice" (your word) shower head made of metal not plastic that...
  2. Drivesme

3/8 inch shower arm?

I thank you for almost understanding what I have and almost helping me.
  3. Drivesme

3/8 inch shower arm?

I don't have 3/8 in the wall, I have as I stated 1/2 in the wall. Yes I know that whats there, I installed it. What I do have is an old shower head with a 3/8 female connection that I would like to use again because the $40 plus (despite what smart ass hj says) shower heads are junk and I don't...
  4. Drivesme

3/8 inch shower arm?

Thanks for that 'valuable' input and complete misunderstanding of the situation. I have a 1/2 riser behind tile, I need either a 3/8 arm with a bushing or a 1/2 to 3/8 reducer in chrome. Pretty simple and straight foreword. Clearly you haven't bought a shower head in many, many years. I suggest...
  5. Drivesme

3/8 inch shower arm?

Thats what I am finding, lots and lots of '3/8 inch' thingamajigs but no shower arms!
  6. Drivesme

3/8 inch shower arm?

Yes brass would be OK, but I would prefer a single piece solution. I have a nice shower head, thats why I'm here. I don't want to spend another 100 bucks or more for something I already have. Is there a chrome, I want to call it a bell reducer but I'm not sure if that's the right name for it...
  7. Drivesme

3/8 inch shower arm?

Thanks, but I already considered that option, it's just a Shower I know but I would still like it to at least look like it's not a drunken plumbers left over pipe grab bag. Chrome would be nice.
  8. Drivesme

3/8 inch shower arm?

Does anyone still make one? I picked up an new shower head about 3 months ago after the other 6 month old fell apart in my hand, today the new one came off while I was showering and busted in the tub. I've had it with buying $40 dollar plastic junk shower heads every 6 months! I have an old...
  9. Drivesme

When do you need to replace a water heater

Nothing on top other than the inlet and outlet connections. Is BW a good brand? I know I paid a pretty good price for it, even though they claimed it was 'deal' when buying it and the new furnace at the same time. It was a new gas hook up so I had to switch to at least 3 gas appliances to keep...
  10. Drivesme

I have a Bradford White and it looks like the dip tube acts as the anode, is that correct? If so how do I know when to replace it and what do I replace it with?
  11. Drivesme

Excellent! Thank you for information!
  12. Drivesme

So water heater 'maintenance' is not needed?
  13. Drivesme

I have a couple of related questions, Do gas heaters have anode rods? And if so how often do you replace them? Flushing or draining the heater to remove the 'crud', is this done with the water supply shut off or left on? How often should this be done with 'normal' water conditions? Stupid...
  14. Drivesme

Repiping advice

Thanks all for the answers! You do a great service here! My next question is because a friend is really pushing me to use Pex, which I'm not too impressed with but, price wise it would make things much easier. Would the pipe size remain the same? Which brand is best? I know pex A is best...
  15. Drivesme

Repiping advice

Am I counting back from the shut off? Because it's in the center, the kitchen is on one side of the house and the bath on the other, with the main entering right in between. Looks like you are saying I need to bring 3/4 in then run it to the WH and kitchen and to the bath, reducing to 1/2 as I...
  16. Drivesme

Repiping advice

Thanks! No plans and no room to add anything. 1 bed room, 1 bath, 1 person. As of right now you have discribed my house perfectly, exept I have an older water guzzling toilet and I estimate 70 feet from the meter at the street. So 3/4 from the street, 1/2 the rest of the way will do? I'm in...
  17. Drivesme

Repiping advice

Thanks for the reply, I guess maybe I wasn't clear, the entire house will be 1/2, after stepping down from 3/4 at the shut off in the house. From the street to the house will be 3/4. Water pipe sizing
  18. Drivesme

Repiping advice

I said that and I currently have the entire system in 1/2 galv, so it WILL be fine as it HAS been fine since 1923. In fact it's 1/2 galv from the street now, I'm planning on bringing 3/4 into the house from the street, then dropping to 1/2 throught the house as it currently is. I know from...
  19. Drivesme

Repiping advice

Thank you! So, 3/4 from the street, change to 1/2 at the main shut off and the rest of the house done in 1/2 would be fine then. That is good news as I couldn't really think of a better way to run the lines than what is already there. Water pipe sizing
  20. Drivesme

Repiping advice

Hello all, I am going to be doing a complete repipe on my small 1920's house. 1 bath, kitchen and laundry, all accessible from the basement. Currently all supply lines are 1/2 galvanized and I want to switch to copper, (no I don't want pex) getting lots of black flakes in my water from time to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks